RTW on Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
That works well for me (Mac, Safari)
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by delanotre
That works well for me (Mac, Safari)
merci quand même. Still not working for me
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
When will they have IT systems working properly
I'm trying to use the RTW planner on Skyteam site. After you have entered your city of departure, it is impossible to add cities. When you click on the + sign, it's just emptying the field with the 1st city. So annoying...
I tried from a Mac, from a PC, from a tablet, different browsers. Nothing works.
Does any of you see the same bug ?
I am seeing something even more frustrating.

http://roundtheworld.skyteam.com/B2C...me/WelcomePage

Server Error in '/B2C' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For my French friends, the AF RTW office in Lille is still active. They sent me an email over the holidays wishing me a happy new year. You can contact them by phone or email as I think I posted earlier in this thread.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dabee69
I am seeing something even more frustrating.

http://roundtheworld.skyteam.com/B2C...me/WelcomePage

Server Error in '/B2C' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
I see this too now.

Originally Posted by stimpy
For my French friends, the AF RTW office in Lille is still active. They sent me an email over the holidays wishing me a happy new year. You can contact them by phone or email as I think I posted earlier in this thread.
Thanks Stimpy
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Personally I would trust the humans over the ST website anyways. What I do is look up all the options on ITA, then call the AF RTW ladies who help me find the flights that have the D bucket available. They are very good at their job.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

The web site is working again today.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Sabre, SkyTeam partner to launch new technology

According to this article (Sabre, SkyTeam partner to launch new technology), SkyTeam Round-The-World (RTW) and Circle-Trip (CT; ie: the Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific fare) itineraries can now be auto-priced by travel agents, whereas previously they had to be manually priced.

This should make it easier to book such fares through travel agents. The article doesn't mention if such auto-pricing is (or will be) available for SkyTeam's other travel pass products. However, this announcement seems to be delivering on a commitment currently mentioned on the SkyTeam.biz site:

Please note that, due to limitations in industry technology, the SkyTeam Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific pass may not currently auto-price in your GDS.
SkyTeam is working with ATPCO to develop a "Data Application Package" to be distributed to all GDSs sometime in the future. This instruction will allow the GDSs to implement the necessary technology to permit auto-pricing of the SkyTeam Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific pass.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Goldorak
When will they have IT systems working properly
I'm trying to use the RTW planner on Skyteam site. After you have entered your city of departure, it is impossible to add cities. When you click on the + sign, it's just emptying the field with the 1st city. So annoying...
I tried from a Mac, from a PC, from a tablet, different browsers. Nothing works.
Does any of you see the same bug ?
I'm quoting myself here on this list dated March 7. On this specific day, I sent an enquiry via their electronic form in their website. Guess what, I received a reply today so that is almost 5 months later.

Dear,
Thank you for submitting your feedback.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.
Please send us more information related to your query and if possible send us screen-shots so that we can identify root cause and resolve issue.
For any further assistance, you can contact our 24*7 toll free number +1 786-477-6995 for direct agent support.
Please note that the email address “[email protected]” is not in use. Kindly use our new email address “[email protected]” for any support queries.

What a joke . Hopefully, I found a way to solve my problem since that. And about the fact that I used an address not anymore in use....well guys I used what was written on your website Pathetic !
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
How accurate is the availability on the RTW planner? Is there more availability if you call?

As part of my trip next summer, I'm looking for a DEL-PEK flight. I can't get anything on MU or CZ. I can't even get anything direct DEL-PVG/CAN. The only routing I'm finding is a surface sector to BOM then BOM-ICN-PEK on KE.

It's not blocking them completely, because when I do a PEK-JFK search, MU and CZ flights show up.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sounds like it's worth a phone call. The rules can be quite complicated in certain cases and it couldn't hurt to talk to a RTW expert. I've learned a lot each time I've called.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Skymiles, Mileageplus, Aadvantage, Dividend Rewards, Frontier, Rapid Rewards
Update RTW thread, please!

I need some updated info on RTW trips with SkyTeam. Anybody have techniques, pricing, etc.?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What do you need? It's all there above you. You can use the planner or just call AF or DL or whomever you wish to buy from.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
I called AZ today with a valid RTW itienary, because the ST website couldn't find a fare for it. There's a valid AZ fare basis for the RTW ticket and my 1st flight would be AZ, so I'm puzzled by the sheer ignorance of the customer service agent. She claimed that AZ isn't able to book RTWs and they've never done it. She even put me on hold and asked a supervisor. She implied that my only option would be to use the RTW tool.

Should I HUCA or is the ST webtool my only chance with AZ?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Called again and talked to a 3rd agent (already phoned the customer service twice). It really seems to be that AZ isn't able to book RTWs for some operational reason. They probably don't make enough of it, so that it would warrant training some call center monkey to handle RTW itienaries. Duh.

stimpy: Is AF or DL able to price and ticket a ST RTW that doesn't start with them as the first carrier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.