Elite Benefits

Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Elite Benefits

The other day I was checking in at Birmingham (UK) for a KLM flight to Amsterdam. I am Skyteam Elite Plus (AZ). I was flying economy but had luggage to check in. The check in agent said I had to pay for the baggage. She checked with her supervisor, who confirmed that according to the KLM handbook, the only benefit Skyteam elites received on KLM was miles. Only Flying Blue elites got other benefits.

I pulled up the Skyteam benefits page on my phone and they reluctantly agreed to give me free baggage "just this once" but I would have to pay on my return trip from Amsterdam. Needless to say, I had no issues at all in Amsterdam.

BHX has about 12 flights a day to CDG and AMS all with countless Skyteam codeshares. If the handbook rules are as the check in agent and her supervisor allege, then Skyteam need to investigate what KLM are playing at. If the groundstaff are simply making up the rules as they go along then re-education and reprimand are called for.

Separately, I tweeted KLM regarding the problem, expecting their advertised 1 hour response. I am still waiting for any answer.

In the 1990s I was Flying Dutchman Royal Wing for many years. Since it became Flying Blue the quality and attractiveness of the program have plummeted.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BobBHX
In the 1990s I was Flying Dutchman Royal Wing for many years. Since it became Flying Blue the quality and attractiveness of the program have plummeted.
Outside the decrease of attractiveness and regular devaluations of FB and all FFP, the problem you are reporting here is more due to poorly trained staff. And unfortunately this is more and more common at outstations where ground ops are outsourced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.