Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

KQ vs KL, overnight in Y

KQ vs KL, overnight in Y

Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
KQ vs KL, overnight in Y

Have a choice between a KQ 787 and a KL 747 for a short overnight NBO-Europe. I have done the KQ choice recently, and it was fine, but haven't flown KL longhaul for at least 15 years.

Anything to recommend one over the other (have ST E+, if that makes any difference)? Timings, cost and destination are not significantly different...

thanks
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Unless things have changed, KQ is a day flight and KL is a red-eye. I always take the day flight. Also check to see if the KL 747 has flat seats or they still have the old angled seats.

Oops, just noticed you are talking about Y. I don't know about those seats, but the cabin air should be better on the 787 right?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by stimpy
Unless things have changed, KQ is a day flight and KL is a red-eye. I always take the day flight. Also check to see if the KL 747 has flat seats or they still have the old angled seats.

Oops, just noticed you are talking about Y. I don't know about those seats, but the cabin air should be better on the 787 right?
I know, Y, what a shock Actually, I'm trying to get on an overnighter (the LHR flight that day is the daytime one) so looking at KQ to CDG or KL to AMS and then hop back to London. I agree that the cabin air should be better on the 787, but I think that the latest generation of Y seats as fitted to the 787 have gone too thin for comfort...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Flew the KQ 787 last year in Y and the seating was incredibly tight. Service was mediocre as well. KL will be better seat and easier transit at AMS than CDG, at the expense of older plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.