Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam lounge @ DXB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you SDQBound.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
By "not officially open" I meant that it has not been officially inaugurated by SkyTeam or announced in their website.
Now, it is
http://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/dubai/
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It's open now! And as expected it's like a copy/paste of the LHR, SYD, HKG and IST lounges. A major upgrade over the Concourse C situation, with plenty more space and showers.

https://loungereview.com/skyteam-ope...l-airport-dxb/
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Visited this lounge for the 1st time since it opened. I do agree that it is much better than the former separate AirFrance/KLM lounge option. However in my opinion, it is a sort of chicken-egg issue with these 'alliance' lounges.
Due to the large bank of flights leaving at more of less the same time, when I visited the lounge around 2230-2300, the lounge was packed and there was no decent seating available where 2 can seat together. During this hour, there were 3-4 major flights leaving - KLM, AF, CZ and SU - all operating with wide bodies. [I was on the SU flight]. After 1.30am, when the 3 major wide bodied called for boarding, it improved drastically.
Outside of these hours, I guess the place is decent and not as crowded as what I experienced.

Food offerings were ok - edible but had expected at least the same quality as the LHR lounge. Though the wine selection was not too shabby.
Used the shower - it was ok - but shower pressure was really slow, but at least the positive point was that it was spacious with high ceiling, so this did not make the shower area like a sauna after a shower which is very welcomed. I guess since it is not yet summer, it was not really needed, but I can imagine during the summer season, more pax will be wanting to use it before their late night flight. There was I believe only 2 shower rooms.

Cheers!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Does anyone know if the lounge in DXB is still closed? The skyteam website indicates it is still closed but with traffic picking up you would expect it to be open.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Does anyone know if the lounge in DXB is still closed? The skyteam website indicates it is still closed but with traffic picking up you would expect it to be open.
Terminal 1 has reopened in June but it seems that the ST lounge is still closed. This is hardly understandable, as you said, with the increased traffic. Maybe it will reopen soon with the Dubai Expo starting. I know that AF uses the Marhaba lounge at the moment.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Thanks for your reply, happy to hear that AF at least offers a lounge. I will check tonight and confirm what lounge KLM offers. Probably the same a AF.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Brendan88
Thanks for your reply, happy to hear that AF at least offers a lounge. I will check tonight and confirm what lounge KLM offers. Probably the same a AF.
for sure, it will be the same. Please report here.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
for sure, it will be the same. Please report here.
Yes was the same, was very busy until the AF boarding call. Asked the checkin agent if he knew when the ST lounge would reopen, he had not yet heard anything on when this would be.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.