Reload this Page >

Skyteam Exclusive Lounge in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Exclusive Lounge in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Pretty decent lounge.
+++ Bottled water
+ Almost empty, not crowded (at 17:00)
+ Comfortable, spacious seating (better than CX)
+ Very friendly staff, except at the reception
+ Typical lounge food and drink selection
- Location in the airport means a long walk to most boarding gates
- No windows and low ceilings. But the horrendous architecture and layout of HKG is not Skyteam's fault.

Managed by Plaza Premium.

I can't really understand why the lounge is supposed to be too small. Skyteam has basically no connecting traffic and many passangers won't be at the airport for longe as they are on flights to Taiwan/China that leave basically every hour.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Nov 22, 2015 at 2:27 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Dinasty Flyer, Accor Platinum, Swissotel Eleva
I found it quite decent when I used it by first time.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
I can't really understand why the lounge is supposed to be too small. Skyteam has basically no connecting traffic and many passangers won't be at the airport for longe as they are on flights to Taiwan/China that leave basically every hour.
Cause China Airlines' Gold and Corporate Card has access to this lounge, so that means lots of passengers on China Airlines' flight will have a pass. Half of the plane could be Gold/Corporate or above in any given flight, and that ranges from E90/738 all the way to 77W/744.

1700 is not crowded because there aren't that many flights then. The next flight is 1840 for AE/CI and not another 55 min for the following one, so it will not be that crowded.

12/9 as example

0755 CI0678

1010 CI7868
1020 CI0934
1025 CI0602
1105 CI0904
1135 AE1818

1310 CI0680
1310 AE0294
1415 CI0910
1545 AE1822
1625 CI0679
1630 CI0948
1725 CI0916 CANCELLED 12/9

1840 AE0984
1935 AE1842
1950 CI0920
2040 AE1832
2120 CI0924
2135 CI0938
2215 CI0928
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Cause China Airlines' Gold and Corporate Card has access to this lounge, so that means lots of passengers on China Airlines' flight will have a pass.
Simply out of curiosity: since CI is joint-operating the lounge with MU, does MU Silver get access, as well?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, DL-PM
I used this lounge at the end of November. No crowds (breakfast time), really nice food selection (including the noodle bar) and a decent espresso/cappuccino machine. Staff were helpful, and my only complaint was still a lack of electrical receptacles, especially along the long wall-mounted bar-height tables that they seem to have lots of. Not an outlet to be found at those, although there's probably seating for 40! I think they've done a nice job!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Simply out of curiosity: since CI is joint-operating the lounge with MU, does MU Silver get access, as well?
I have no idea cause I don't hold a membership with MU, but according to the membership booklet MU Silver should have access to a designated lounge when they take a FM/MU flight, but that may not be this lounge as I believe HKIA has a lounge designated just for the Chinese Airlines called CNAC VIP Lounge (which I heard sucks).
Old Dec 10, 2015, 5:14 am

Cause China Airlines' Gold and Corporate Card has access to this lounge, so that means lots of passengers on China Airlines' flight will have a pass. Half of the plane could be Gold/Corporate or above in any given flight, and that ranges from E90/738 all the way to 77W/744.
[...]
Similar to PVG flights - do these passangers on those hops really frequent the lounge? I wouldn't, but arrive at the airport as late as possible and avoid the detour to the lounge. When arriving too early at the airport, CI rebooks to an earlier TPE flight most of the time anyway. So if only half of the half 747 think alike ... empty

CNAC lounge is a nice one - empty, small, comfortable seats, windows. But no noodle bar or other stuff that I don't care about anyway

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Dec 10, 2015 at 5:20 am
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Similar to PVG flights - do these passangers on those hops really frequent the lounge? I wouldn't, but arrive at the airport as late as possible and avoid the detour to the lounge. When arriving too early at the airport, CI rebooks to an earlier TPE flight most of the time anyway. So if only half of the half 747 think alike ... empty
When CI was using it's own lounge is was pretty much full for the most part during heavy traffic hours.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:19 am

When CI was using it's own lounge is was pretty much full for the most part during heavy traffic hours.
Which is what - a third of the size of the new Skyteam lounge? Anyway, nice option to have.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by tris06
I am not sure by the meaning of the greater China Campaign?
Surely all members of skyteam would have access to the lounge if flying out of HK as there is no domestic flight. As far as I know all fllights to mainland China are considered international flights so skyteam plus have access.

Oh I just realised you might be refering to the silver members of say China Southern or China Eastern flying for example on CI to Taiwan.

For those who didnt know flying between Taiwan,HK and China meant elite members (not just elite plus) of CI,CZ,MU and Xiamen had access to the lounges if run by one of those airlines.

It would be nice if anyone went there to give us a review. I will be flying through on the 28th of December to TPE.
Just wanted to follow up on this point in light of SkyTeam's policy of limiting Elite Plus lounge access to international flights. Can you confirm that all flights to/from HKG are classified as "international"? Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Sort of sad but understandable that this lounge closed permenantly.

Hopefully skyteam will reopen a new lounge once travel goes back to something close to normal.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tris06
Sort of sad but understandable that this lounge closed permenantly.

Hopefully skyteam will reopen a new lounge once travel goes back to something close to normal.
is the lounge closed for good? or just for Covid? Will there be a replacement? With London and HKG gone, the list is dwindling to just five globally. Really sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.