Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Interline bagage betwen *A to ST

Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

Not really sure if this should be posted here.

I am thinking to so BKK-SIN on TG and then connect to AF/GA on SIN-CGK.

I believe the TG checkin staff should be able to tag my bag all the way to CGK, as I have done it before on TG/MH (but MH is on C) and TG/SQ (both are *A).

My question is since I have no status with ST (my status match with AZ is still pending) what will happen to my luggage? TG checkin staff will definitely put a priority tag on my bag. Will AF/GA honors it? AF/GA flight will be in economy.

Also what happen if I have 2 check in luggage as AF only allow 1 lugagge unless I got my AZ status before the flight.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This isn't an alliance-to-alliance question. Interline baggage agreements exist carrier to carrier. Call Reservations of the first carrier and ask if they have an interline baggage agreement with carrier xx.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
This isn't an alliance-to-alliance question. Interline baggage agreements exist carrier to carrier. Call Reservations of the first carrier and ask if they have an interline baggage agreement with carrier xx.
I think you misunderstood my question. I am not asking about the interline agreement.

Assuming TG and AF has an interline agreement, which I think they should. My question is how the elite status benefit works.

As I said I am *A Gold, hence TG will tag my luggage with Priority status. So when they interline it with AF, which is not *A, but rather ST, will they honor this priority?

Also, when as *A Gold, I can check in up to 50 kg with multiple lugage, but AF only allow 1 luggage up to 23 kg. So how this will work out.

To make it less complicated, even if I connect with Garuda (which is on weight system also), it will only allow me 30 kg on Y (non elite), so how this will work out on the interline?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.