Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Plat on AF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
DL Plat on AF

I am on a economy fare Delta ticket through CDG in August, one of the transatlantic legs is on an AF 747; what, if anything, does Platinum status get me on either the AF flight or at lounges in CDG (I also have a priority pass membership)?

thanks
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I believe you can have a free seat plus on the upper deck. Very nice Y flying experience. Try to have row 65. If not available, any row will be super compared to lower deck.
Otherwise, classical Skyteam elite plus benefits : priority security, check-in and boarding. Priority lane also for immigration in CDG. Lounge access.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks

all bar one seat on upper deck of the AF 747 are occupied (or blocked?), the one that is open is a window bulkhead seat--still a good option?

Which lounges at CDG can I use?

--p
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by renault4
Thanks

all bar one seat on upper deck of the AF 747 are occupied (or blocked?), the one that is open is a window bulkhead seat--still a good option?

Which lounges at CDG can I use?

--p
You can use any of the Air France lounges except for La Premiere (which is only available to first class passengers).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
You can use any of the Air France lounges except for La Premiere (which is only available to first class passengers).
No. You can use only the lounge located in the terminal/concourse you are departing from.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by renault4
There is no bad option on the upper deck
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. You can use only the lounge located in the terminal/concourse you are departing from.
Yes, that's true. Sorry for not being more specific - I meant it in the sense that you can use any AF lounge that you can actually get to (except premiere).
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Poster

this is great, thanks all for the info!

so now, given that I have a 4hr layover and am traveling in Y, my preference would be to have some decent food/wine at the airport and skip the meal altogether on the plane. Any recommendations? I'll be coming in from Valencia and connecting through to ATL

--p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.