Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Current Base - Moscow, long term - India - which ST ffp to enrol in ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hi Folks,

Have recently moved to Moscow for work purposes and there maybe intermittent travel to other European destinations on Aeroflot ..

Am not a member of any ST ffp.. Usually I redeem miles for flights..All travel in Y class.

Which is the ideal ST ffp to credit mileage for flights on SU considering I am not going to be in Moscow for more than couple of years ?

Appreciate guidance..

Thanks, A
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Often it's best to participate in the FF program of the airline you're actually flying. If you get elite status, there can be benefits on the airiine itself versus across the alliance. A FF program is likely to award more miles for its own flights, but check this carefully. Some programs are worse than others for those who use cheap coach fares.

It might be easier to deal with SU if you're fluent in Russian.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Often it's best to participate in the FF program of the airline you're actually flying. If you get elite status, there can be benefits on the airiine itself versus across the alliance. A FF program is likely to award more miles for its own flights, but check this carefully. Some programs are worse than others for those who use cheap coach fares.

It might be easier to deal with SU if you're fluent in Russian.
while I am surely checking SU options, seems they charge YQ on international award tickets..
Let me ask another way..
Which are the ffp's to refer to in the ST program which charge low / no YQ on international award flights ?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:30 pm

Consider a *A carrier. From MOW, there are nonstops on *A carriers to: ARN, AYT, BJS CFU, ESB, FRA, HER, IAH, IST, KLX, LJU, MUC, KLX, RHO, SKG, SIN, VIE, & WAW. With connecting options world-wide. Then, once back in India, you have Air India everywhere.

Remember, one joins an airline plan - not an alliance. Those who fly extensively on SU, may well join DL, AF/KL, OK, RO, KE, etc regardless of where they live. Likewise with airlines in *A and OneWorld.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long will you be in Moscow. Long term where is home?

Look here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyte...i-sign-up.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html

AS has DL & KLM/AF as partners http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ePlan-partners
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The above link was what I was looking for.. will check it out.. thanks..
Moscow for maybe 1 more year.. long term is India..

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Consider a *A carrier. From MOW, there are nonstops on *A carriers to: ARN, AYT, BJS CFU, ESB, FRA, HER, IAH, IST, KLX, LJU, MUC, KLX, RHO, SKG, SIN, VIE, & WAW. With connecting options world-wide. Then, once back in India, you have Air India everywhere.

Remember, one joins an airline plan - not an alliance. Those who fly extensively on SU, may well join DL, AF/KL, OK, RO, KE, etc regardless of where they live. Likewise with airlines in *A and OneWorld.
I already hv AI ffp (so *A).. thanks for the reco..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.