Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in a different Terminal at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium

I have searched this forum thoroughly, but found a lot of the answers to my question varied between people.

Situation: I am flying to Canada out of JFK with Delta. I assume this flight will depart from Terminal 4.

Question: Will I be able to clear security at Terminal 1 to access the Air France Lounge?

- I have Gold Medallion / SkyTeam Elite Plus status
- It is to my understanding that the Air France Lounge is airside
- I do not have an issue with re-clearing security

Last edited by Icenoft; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
yes AF lounge at JFK is airside

sorry I can't help with the rest of your questions
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
yes AF lounge at JFK is airside

sorry I can't help with the rest of your questions
I will try my luck at getting through security when the time comes.

Has anyone else tried to access a terminal with a boarding pass from a different terminal?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
AF lounge is indeed airside in T1.
I have no experience in that but I sincerely doubt you will be allowed through security at T1 with a BP for a flight leaving from T4. It is different from T2/T4 used by DL and which operate basically as a single DL terminal with an airside shuttle (they check BP at the shuttle but only the date), and you can move freely between the 2 (I did it a few months ago to avoid to go T2 SkyClub which is total crap).
This being said, even if it was possible, why would you do that ? OK AF lounge is nice and has just been renovated but what a hassle ! And you will need to leave T1 quite early. T1 is a pure international terminal and so I don't know if there is an easy way to go out (as you do in a terminal when you arrive from a domestic flight). And DL SkyClub lounge in T4 is one of the nicest in their network, so you should definitely go there directly IMO. And, again, I really believe that you won't be allowed in T1.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:10 am

I'm not familiar with JFK but generally the TSA doesn't care about what terminal is on your boarding pass. At least that's the case at SFO and BOS. It may be different at an "international" terminal and it's always possible that JFK is a special flower.

But going through security an extra time doesn't sound like my idea of fun
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zkzkz
But going through security an extra time doesn't sound like my idea of fun
Definitely, and also taking into account that T1 and the security check point is overcrowded in the afternoon/evening and the priority lane is a complete joke.

Also, I forgot to say to the OP : AF 1st flight is around 4:30 pm, meaning that the lounge opens likely around 1:30 pm. So if your flight is in the morning, the AF lounge will be closed.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go directly to T4 and use the new SC there. If you have PP, you can also visit the wingtips lounge there for variety.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Recently, flying out of San Diego, my wife and I cleared TSA in Terminal 1 (with Boarding Passes for Terminal 2 airline). We later went for our flight and cleared TSA again in Terminal 2 (not physically connected to Terminal 1).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

All very good points. I'll keep these things in mind!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
LAX recently started allowing people to use any terminal with a same day boarding pass, even when the terminals are not connected airside. I don't know if this is a TSA wide initiative or local only to LAX. Definitely a nice benefit though for those with extra time and want to use better lounges.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
I'm very interested in doing this since I'm arriving early (beating traffic, checking golf clubs) and flying out of T5, which I believe to have the worst food. Ideally I'd head over to T4 and get Shake Shack instead and with PreCheck, I may just try it. Will report back if no one tells me definitively I can't do it.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I'm very interested in doing this since I'm arriving early (beating traffic, checking golf clubs) and flying out of T5, which I believe to have the worst food. Ideally I'd head over to T4 and get Shake Shack instead and with PreCheck, I may just try it. Will report back if no one tells me definitively I can't do it.
So were you able to enter T4 with a BP for T5?

I will have a similar situation. and would like to know if anybody has similar experience. Earlier post suggested that one might had issue got out of T1 due to it's pure international, how about T4. I suppose it's easy, isn't it? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mike_L
So were you able to enter T4 with a BP for T5?

I will have a similar situation. and would like to know if anybody has similar experience. Earlier post suggested that one might had issue got out of T1 due to it's pure international, how about T4. I suppose it's easy, isn't it? Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately the timing didn't allow it. Would still love for someone to confirm.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 12:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I was recently (end of September) denied access to JFK T1 with a DL boarding pass even after saying I wanted to visit the AF lounge. If someone wants to try this, I would suggest using a mobile boarding pass where it's less obvious what the destination is (they may ask you anyway and then deny you)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:45 am

JFK - Was able to access Wing Tips lounge T4 with boarding pass T5 -

hi,
Just to share the info, AT JFK I had my flight booked with JetBlue domestic out of terminal T5 and was able to pass the security at T4 and did go to Wing Tips, it seems they are well aware of it.
Note : I did try the same in terminal T1 but they denied, even the agent said she will get fired if she allows passenger with other terminal boarding pass.

Good Luck -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.