SkyTeam between INDIA/SE ASIA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I can go to Europe eastbound from the USA;
I can go to Asia westbound..

Planning a trip that will place me in DXB or DEL, from which I need to go to SIN.

On whom/how if possible, still earning (purchased revenue tkt)
OR
through redemption of DL miles,

do I travel this segment?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by bob221b1; Nov 26, 2014 at 9:02 pm Reason: Title change
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Garuda flies from DEL but not DXB, only AUH.

China Southern flies from both although a greater distance.

If you want to do it with DL miles, you need to book by the end of December as DL is eliminating RTW awards from 1 January next year.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger

China Southern flies from both although a greater distance.

If you want to do it with DL miles, you need to book by the end of December as DL is eliminating RTW awards from 1 January next year.

'RTW'? I know that open jaws are not being allowed but if award tickets is what you're referring to, two one ways -could- remove the issue of an open jaw anyhow.

Please specify what you're referring to that is changing after one January.
Thsnks!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

China Southern and China Eastern fly DEL-SIN, but it's more than 2x the length of the nonstop on Air India.

Saudia and Korean have the shortest travel time from DXB.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
AUH is bus/taxi distance from DXB, so that shouldn't be a huge problem. However, since GA started direct flights from JKT to AMS on the 77W, JKT-AUH is only served as an EY-operated code-share. This may have implications for earning/burning miles on that sector, although I'm not familiar with DL's precise rules.

Similarly, I don't think GA operate out of DEL on their own metal. I can only see a 9W-operated code-share - direct to SIN as it happens, but I suspect that couldn't be issued on GA code without a connection between SIN and JKT.

VN also code-share on 9W from DEL to SIN. So, to leave India eastbound on SkyTeam-metal I think your only choice is CZ to CAN, or MU to PVG...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by bob221b1
'RTW'? I know that open jaws are not being allowed but if award tickets is what you're referring to, two one ways -could- remove the issue of an open jaw anyhow.

Please specify what you're referring to that is changing after one January.
Thsnks!
Until 31 December 2014, Delta still offers Round The World awards for 180,000 in Economy or 280,000 in Business (although the challenge is finding award availability on all the sectors your want).

After that date, they are removing them with the changes to SkyMiles. No more stopovers allowed on award tickets, but they will allow one-way redemptions for half the price of a return. This means you can construct a round the world ticket using a series of one way awards, but the cumulative price will likely be higher than the current RTW pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.