Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam Airlines: Involuntary Downgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond

Booked two flights with VN in Business Class. Due to aircraft change, that flight doesn't have a business class anymore (used to be A321, but is now ATR). They sent us changed tickets that change the booking class from business to economy but with the business class price unchanged.

By coincidence, I still had my notes with the exact prices of Economy class and Business class at the time of my booking and the difference was 3.9 million Dong.

I contacted them in February, expressed my surprise that they didn't even try to discuss this with them and asked for a reimbursement for the difference. No reply.

Any idea what I can do? What is the normal recourse in such a situation? What is the best way to contact them?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
We had this problem on arrival at the airport. The difference in fare was refunded (I believe between what we had payed and full economy fare) and we received $50 compensation. We were not happy about it, but had no choice. Oh, we also received lounge access.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:13 am

VN refunded me the fare difference when I downgraded myself from Biz to Economy in order to catch an earlier flight. This was done at SGN airport before departure. You'll have much better luck with customer service at the airport. We also received lounge access as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.