Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Is there any way of booking a one-way award on Kenya Airways?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum

I would like to book a one-way award on Kenya Airways from BKK to NBO and have enough miles to do so in either SPG, Membership Rewards or Chase Sapphire if I could find out which airlines would allow me to book it.

I did find that I could book a one-way on Kenya with Air France but 87,500 miles and approx. $200 seemed an awful lot for what I read is a pretty bad business class product on Kenya.

thanks for any help
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM
I checked the rules for AeroMexico and Alitalia and they are roundtrip only as well. Korean Air SkyPass is an option, their booking process is a bit involved but they allow one-way and are a transfer partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards. Most of Kenya Airways planes are decrepit, if you want to go out of your way, Korean does fly NBO-ICN-BKK, as well as you could take KLM via Amsterdam or Saudia via Jeddah,
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Thanks! If I give up flying non-stop for a little bit more comfort, is there another airline in another alliance that would give me a decently priced one-way award? I would love to avoid going quite so far out of my way as Amsterdam and I assume the KLM award would probably price out similarily to the Air France Award? How would one book Saudia? The Korean award might definitely be a possibility.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
For all of those you could search availability on airfrance.us or in the case of Saudia I think you still need to search flgiht stats, then prepare for some long calls with Korean Airlines to get this booked.

One other possible option, is Air France can book on Air Mauritius, they fly Nairobi to Mauritius but to Asia they do not go to Bangkok, they go to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore so you would need another connection. Same Air France problem with taxes.

Africa to Asia is not many quick options. Star has South African via Johannesburg or Turkish through Istanbul as probably their best bests. OneWorld has Qatar options but I do not know of a way to book them to avoid big fees. You can see who flies NBO on the NBO Wikipedia page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.