FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Cheap/free lounge access in heathrow terminal 3 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1516936-cheap-free-lounge-access-heathrow-terminal-3-a.html)

kushty Oct 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Cheap/free lounge access in heathrow terminal 3

Is there any way for me to get cheap/free lounge access in heathrow terminal 3?

BThumme Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Cheap/free lounge access in heathrow terminal 3

What airlines/alliance are you flying, and when? Many of the forums here have a meet up thread where some users will post when they are available and if they can guest someone. I'd look there.

Gamecock Oct 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Free? Depends on status, cabin you are traveling in or having the right credit/charge card in your possession.

kushty Oct 30, 2013 4:21 am

26th December:

Korean Air 908
Economy | Boeing 777

then Korean Air 129
Economy | Boeing 747

Then 10th Jan:

Korean Air 124
Economy | Airbus A333

Korean Air 907
Economy | Boeing 777

Any ideas?

irishguy28 Nov 4, 2013 3:01 am

Korean Air flies from Terminal 4 at Heathrow, not Terminal 3 (that's Asiana's terminal).

You can pay to use various Heathrow lounges but there is no such facility available to you in Terminal 4.

Korean uses the Skyteam lounge in Terminal 4, which is accessible by anyone holding Skyteam Elite Plus status [and their guest(s)] departing Terminal 4 on a Skyteam flight, and by passengers in First and Business class departing Terminal 4 on a Skyteam flight.

kushty Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

You're right, thanks. Are there any ways to get free access to that lounge? For example, a credit card that has Skyteam membership as a bonus.

tris06 Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I would say not as its not 1 airlines lounge its a group's so unless korean has a deal with a certain credit card to issue you with an invitation then very unlikely.

You could always ask the staff (At the check-in) if their is any elite plus members checking in that day and wait and see if they could invite you with their spare place.
This is the only way i can see you getting in. And of course you would be taking the risk that they already have some one to invite. But if an elite plus does check-in and he/she is traveling alone,
I don't see why they wouldn't allow your to be their guest.. But its still their decision.

All us flyers went through the stage of not getting lounge access until we attained status its not really nice but that's just how things work. But the rewards are worth it when it does come.

kushty Nov 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok, thanks. I won't wait to ask someone to let me in, I just can't do that.

MSPeconomist Nov 16, 2013 6:59 am

Originally Posted by kushty (Post 21792404)
Ok, thanks. I won't wait to ask someone to let me in, I just can't do that.

That's right. You should not approach strangers to beg them to bring you into a lounge as their guest.

You can look for a restaurant or bar near the gate where you could purchase food or a drink as a way to have a nice place to relax and wait for your flight. Some people enjoy walking around the airport, people watching, looking in airport stores, etc. when they have extra time.

dvs7310 Nov 18, 2013 8:35 am

Though you may not want to approach someone directly at the airport, I certainly wouldn't be shy about using the meet-up threads in the various forums here for an invite. Check out all of the Skyteam carriers at T4 on here and see what you can drum up.