Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Delta and Air France alliance? Are you kidding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Air France alliance? Are you kidding?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by biztraveler2007
As of today, all I hear from my travel agent, the Delta agents and the Air France agents, is that passengers w/ Delta codeshare to AF can NOT get seat assignments.
Sorry to hear you aren't having much luck.
But I did just this earlier in the year, at airfrance.com. Otherwise, try phoning their UK number (you can make international calls very cheaply on Skype). In my limited experience, their telephone agents are incompetent and slow, but will eventually get things sorted. You do have to hand-hold them through the process.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007
And these Air France tickets are NOT cheap tickets. That is, expensive Air France tickets and horrible service. What a way to run an airline...
We get that you think your $1500 economy tickets are expensive. However, that's run of the mill for summer trans-Atlantic travel now. Expensive economy tickets run $3500 and up, and if you want to see truly expensive, look at flexible business class tickets.

On the subject of this thread, I'll second the suggestion to try both KLM.com and airfrance.us. I find that they routinely offer different seat availability. Further, you're not flying an intra-European segment on AF and trying to get advance seat selection, are you? That's not available in the economy cabin.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:29 pm

Urgent help plzz

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is completely wrong. I did that countless times, including very recently. You can select seats but if you want to select the correct one, you need to go on the site of the carrier operating the flight. So if you have an AF-operated flight (whatever you have a ticket with an AF or a DL flight number), you go on AF (or KL) web site. Same logic if DL-operated flight, go on DL web site.

On AF site, you need the Amadeus reference (as I don't think it's recognizing DL booking ref). On DL web site, you can use indifferently Amadeus ref or DL booking ref.
Hello! I have an AF-operated flight booked. Can I select my seats through the KLM website or do I have to select them through the AF website? The reason I am asking this is that i found better options on the KLM seat map so I wasn't sure if i could book through that and it would still be valid and correct. Some seats are open on KLM but on AF they are not.

My flight is in less than a week so if you could help me as soon as possible it would be highly appreciated. Thankyou!

Last edited by Mere123; Jul 10, 2015 at 11:42 pm
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Try the same but with the KLM site as well as the AF site, you may well see different seats available on each site. I've sometimes had AF tickets but better choice using the KL site.
Hello! I have an AF-operated flight but I found better seat options on the KLM website like you mentioned. Will it be correct and valid to book through the KLM website even though my flight is operated by Air France? I am kind of uneasy because I have heard you should only select seats from the airline website of the operating flight. Or does this not apply to KLM and AF?

If you could help me as soon as possible it would be highly appreciated?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mere123
Hello! I have an AF-operated flight booked. Can I select my seats through the KLM website or do I have to select them through the AF website? The reason I am asking this is that i found better options on the KLM seat map so I wasn't sure if i could book through that and it would still be valid and correct. Some seats are open on KLM but on AF they are not.

My flight is in less than a week so if you could help me as soon as possible it would be highly appreciated. Thankyou!
It should work. At least no risk to try, select seat on KL site and check on AF site is the selection has worked.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It should work. At least no risk to try, select seat on KL site and check on AF site is the selection has worked.
Okay thanks! I had one last question if you dont mind. You said before if it is a delta flight operated by AF, you should always select seats through AF. Well, I didnt know that there was a problem if I selected them through delta instead and recently I checked my booking on the AF website and it doesnt have any seats confirmed for me.
What do advise me to do? I had great seats selected on the delta website. Should I just pick other seats on the AF so I can have a peace of mind knowing I confirmed something? Or do I keep them and maybe they are actually booked on the system?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mere123
Should I just pick other seats on the AF so I can have a peace of mind knowing I confirmed something?
Yes, absolutely. Play it safe. The IT situation between AF and DL for seat selection has improved but it's not yet up to what we could expect as customers. I'm sure your DL selection is not OK if you don't see it on AF site. So definitely, make your selection on AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.