Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

How to prove skyteam elite status w/out FFP card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

On the outbound leg of an intl flight I discovered that I could have used my delta silver status to get priority check-in. Thing is, I did not bring my delta FF card with me (flying KE with no status).

Is there a way to prove my status to get my skyteam benefits without my delta card for the return trip? Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Having a printout of your FF account summary showing the status should work. Sometimes elite bag tags work for elite lines but not lounge privileges. For check in, the agent can see your status in the computer but the dragon controlling access to the line cannot. YMMV. However, if you have received your card, you should carry it when traveling.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by crabbing
Is there a way to prove my status to get my skyteam benefits without my delta card for the return trip? Thanks!
I would suggest phoning KE before your return flight, and asking them to add your DL number to your reservation. Your Elite status should then show in the system, and on your boarding cards when printed (although that's too late, if you're hoping to use the priority queue for manual check-in).

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Having a printout of your FF account summary showing the status should work.
Agreed - hopefully this should be sufficient to get you into the priority queue - and if your FF number is in the reservation, that would hopefully be enough for everything else.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.