Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Award ticket on KL with MU miles, can I use my CZ status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Pearl Club, Eastern Miles, Phoenixmiles

Hello all,

I tried searching but all I could find was something from AA so I hope you can help me.

I'm planning to use up my miles from MU for a oneway from either PVG or HGH to AMS with KL. With MU I have no status, but with CZ I do (Skypearl Silver = Skyteam Elite). Now I would like to know if I can use my CZ status if I book the ticket with MU miles, as I really need to take that extra piece of luggage with me.

Thanks all for your help
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I dont think there will be a luggage problem if you show your Elite card at check-in.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:05 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I *assume* that, after booking, you can edit the booking through airfrance.com and change the FF# as well
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I am not sure if changing the FF number is possible with an award ticket, but I do not think that this is necessary anyway.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I am not sure if changing the FF number is possible with an award ticket, but I do not think that this is necessary anyway.
The OP wants ot use the SkyTeam Elite additional baggage allowance. This can probably be accomplished by showing the card at check in, but it can save arguments to do OLCI and have the computer show the number of bags that are free. (I don't know whether this works for all SkyTeam carriers, but it is slick on DL.)

Another reason for wanting the elite FF number attached to the PNR is IROPs. Most carrriers treat alliance elites slightly better when things go wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.