Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Priority for Delta Plat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster

KLM Priority for Delta Plat

I am checking in in Amsterdam for a KLM fight, Ams to Kili. I am Delta Plat and thus SkyMiles Plus and my wife is non-status. Can I/we use the special checking, security etc lanes with those credentials?

Thanks in advance
Joe
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by Joe747
I am checking in in Amsterdam for a KLM fight, Ams to Kili. I am Delta Plat and thus SkyMiles Plus and my wife is non-status. Can I/we use the special checking, security etc lanes with those credentials?

Thanks in advance
Joe
Yes - you, your wife, any other family members accompanying you and/ or any business colleagues accompanying you, can and should use the Special Lanes for Checking-in, Security, and again Security before entering the gate area.

Also when the boarding is announced you should go with the Skyteam elite members boarding zone when called.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by dd1612
Yes - you, your wife, any other family members accompanying you and/ or any business colleagues accompanying you, can and should use the Special Lanes for Checking-in, Security, and again Security before entering the gate area.

Also when the boarding is announced you should go with the Skyteam elite members boarding zone when called.
True, EXCEPT the main Security priority lane. You are very likely to be bounced there.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Related to this, I'm a FB Elite and recently when flying CZ with my parents they didn't allow all of us to check in together at the business class counter since my parents were not Elites (separate itineraries). The counter was empty and the regular check-in counter was packed. It happened first on the outbound flight from CAN to KUL so I brushed it off thinking maybe that agent was just being annoying. But, it happened again on the return CGK to CAN sector. Usually this has never been a problem, especially with CZ who've always taken care of me as a SkyTeam elite, they even used to seat me in the Premium Economy section when I purchased an economy fare ticket at no charge, happened numerous times.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Non-status pax will most likely NOT be accepted at the priority security lane.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Non-status pax will most likely NOT be accepted at the priority security lane.
Have never had a problem with non-status colleagues or friends (on separate itineraries) accompanying me at the Priority Check-in or Security lines either at AMS or BOM, and never ever had a challenge at any airport in the US.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Me neither, I were not allowed to use the priority security line at schiphol when flying with my non-elite partner.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
As long as all members of the party are on the same PNR, it shouldn't be an issue. It's when you are on separate tickets that it gets complicated...
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I was specifically told that the priority lane only applies to the actual status holder. They check really close if your BP says Elite or not.

However my non-status GF got accepted one time because there were no other pax and I think also because we're both minors.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: SQ
Yes, they won't let any non-status passengers through the priority security line....I tried to argue, saying it was my booking and they said 'ok, just this time' but I wouldn't bother trying.

Otherwise, they will let you check in at the priority section and board the plane first. Very good check-in service at Schiphol and very efficient.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ
duplicate post

Last edited by benzemalyonnais; Jan 17, 2012 at 5:20 am Reason: duplicate post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.