SkyTeam Introduces SkyPriority For Top Customers

SkyTeam Introduces SkyPriority For Top Customers

Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
SkyPriority video
Old Apr 13, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
SkyPriority Expands

This month's (April 2013) issues of both the 'Holland Herald' (KLM) and 'Msafiri' (KQ) have an update on the rollout of SkyPriority. In particular:
- 75% of airports already covered
- AR and AM to start roll out this month
- All ~1,000 SkyTeam airports to be covered by end of this year.

The articles also mentioned 'new benefits being added to the programme'. In terms of specifics, the Holland Herald only mentions a SkyPriority desk in baggage halls in arrivals. I don't have a copy of Msafiri to hand, but I think it also mentioned something about a SkyPriority phone service (not sure if this would mean a SkyTeam-managed callcentre, or just a re-brand of each airline's existing lines for premium pax) and perhaps even something about seating.

Somewhat surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be a press release on the SkyTeam website about any of this yet.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
SkyPriority Continues With Red Carpet Treatment

OK, I found the Msafiri article, which mentions new initiatives under development that include:
- A dedicated SkyPriority Call Centre
- Information about SkyPriority on all member airlines websites, and in FFP welcome packs sent to new ST E+ members
- A preferred seating system for all SkyPriority pax (which may of interest to posters in this thread: Rant: seat selection)
- SkyPriority counter at baggage desks in arrivals halls

However, there wasn't much detail given on any of these initiatives.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by KQ321
- A dedicated SkyPriority Call Centre
- A preferred seating system for all SkyPriority pax
- SkyPriority counter at baggage desks in arrivals halls
Bless them, bless them, bless them.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I personally dont like the sky priority as there is very little to no diffence between handling platinum, gold and silver pacs anymore. Three weeks ago at CDG the sky priority line was a zoo on an AF long distance flight. The line almost reach the next gate. I am not so sure if this lumpsum of all "cardholders" in one line is really something for the passengers or only for the airline to have less different levels to call for boarding.
Old May 2, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I personally dont like the sky priority as there is very little to no diffence between handling platinum, gold and silver pacs anymore. Three weeks ago at CDG the sky priority line was a zoo on an AF long distance flight. The line almost reach the next gate. I am not so sure if this lumpsum of all "cardholders" in one line is really something for the passengers or only for the airline to have less different levels to call for boarding.
I can't see how this could be a consequece of SkyPriority. AFAIK, the priority boarding rules did not change with SkyPriority as far as AF is concerned, did they?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I can't see how this could be a consequece of SkyPriority. AFAIK, the priority boarding rules did not change with SkyPriority as far as AF is concerned, did they?
you are correct : no change here
the positive change with SkyPriority is that now, people eligible to the lane are checked. This was rarely the case before.
Old May 5, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
the positive change with SkyPriority is that now, people eligible to the lane are checked. This was rarely the case before.
Ditto with AZ. Rules are enforced a bit better than before.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I think the main advantage is really that gate staff finds it easier to check and therefore is actually enforcing it.

Before/in other alliances they are sometime rather hesitant because they are confronted with all sort "rules" (aka excuses) where they, as gate staff, can only lose: Either they don't enforce and upset all those really entitled or they do enforce rather strictly and risk a complaint from someone who's entitled but sent back. SkyTeam priority - together with the easy to spot logo - gets them the confidence they need.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
AND they really board SkyPriority first, before initiating general boarding and other kinds of priority boarding (Premium Eco, Abonns, Silver, etc.).

They also implemented priority boarding on French domestic flights ^^^ (except La Navette), which is a big, big improvement from my (selfish) perspective.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is SkyPriority (check in, boarding, hold luggage, etc) available on flights operated by Flybe? In July I have a flight RNS-MAN, AF coded but BE operated, and I am dreading getting stuck behind all the tourists and their kids ...
Old May 11, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
No way
Old May 11, 2013, 11:03 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Originally Posted by Calchas
Is SkyPriority (check in, boarding, hold luggage, etc) available on flights operated by Flybe? In July I have a flight RNS-MAN, AF coded but BE operated, and I am dreading getting stuck behind all the tourists and their kids ...
Come on, they operate a Q400 on this route !
All is done in the blink of an eye with such aircraft (plus, you won't hear kids screaming due to the noisy turboprop ).
It's not like you'll have to wait for a full A380 boarding.
Old May 12, 2013, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mogoy
Come on, they operate a Q400 on this route !
All is done in the blink of an eye with such aircraft (plus, you won't hear kids screaming due to the noisy turboprop ).
It's not like you'll have to wait for a full A380 boarding.
+1. Furthermore, RNS is a small airport with only RJ-operated flights, so it's rarely the big crowd !
Old May 12, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay okay! I've never been to RNS before.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.