Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Airlines To Join Skyteam On Spember 28, 2011

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

It is official that China Airlines (CI) joining Skyteam on September 28, 2011, as indicated in the CI website:

China Airlines (CAL) has successfully completed the audit process by SkyTeam on July 13, and is expecting to become a full member of SkyTeam global airlines alliance on September 28, 2011. ...

Last edited by oldtimer; Aug 25, 2011 at 11:13 pm Reason: To correct typo on the date from 20 to 28
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by oldtimer
It is official that China Airlines (CI) joining Skyteam on September 20, 2011, as indicated in the CI website:

China Airlines (CAL) has successfully completed the audit process by SkyTeam on July 13, and is expecting to become a full member of SkyTeam global airlines alliance on September 28, 2011. ...
Oh, great, was waiting for this to be confirmed. Can't wait to try them to Europe.. or Asia. Welcome CI to ST
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Welcome to ST China Airlines, will we be able to book China Airlines coded flights on DL website ?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Last month I flew CI SFO-TPE-DPS rtn in economy. The trip was comfortable, shaved 5 hrs of the SQ route, and got a deal on the tix. I signed up for their mileage program but did not think I'd ever use the points. Perhaps these might be my ST airline under which to collect miles.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Any further news here?? I can't see a single ST member which has published accrual rates for CI flights after 28/9, the CI website doesn't talk about it, the ST website only features the date when you look at future members. Do we know anything more?? (ideally accrual rates! )
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Any further news here?? I can't see a single ST member which has published accrual rates for CI flights after 28/9, the CI website doesn't talk about it, the ST website only features the date when you look at future members. Do we know anything more?? (ideally accrual rates! )
DL has generally only updated accrual rates after the airline actually joins the alliance. Not sure about FB.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mtkeller
DL has generally only updated accrual rates after the airline actually joins the alliance. Not sure about FB.
Same there - but it still makes it really difficult to make bookings for October and November!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Same there - but it still makes it really difficult to make bookings for October and November!!
Just expect to earn 25% and you will be pleasantly surprised

GenevaFlyer
Old Sep 13, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer

GenevaFlyer
In business class?? Don't give them bad ideas!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer

GenevaFlyer
Given that there are quite a few classes among existing Asian airlines that earn zilch in FB, even expecting 25% could be preparing oneself to be disappointed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.