Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Here's the original article by Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...ext-month.html

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
This is really good news...I hope the membership deal goes through at the end of October. AR would be a great addition to Skyteam to help gain access to the South American market.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Maybe we can finally get some nonstop ST JFK-EZE service to compete with AA. Would be great on a DL 777, and with an AR codeshare demand may be high enough. Been wanting to get down to EZE, but don't want to deal with connecting via ATL.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Maybe we can finally get some nonstop ST JFK-EZE service to compete with AA. Would be great on a DL 777, and with an AR codeshare demand may be high enough. Been wanting to get down to EZE, but don't want to deal with connecting via ATL.
It would certainly make my life easier!

I hope, though, that regardless of whether Aerolineas joins, SkyTeam pursues Avianca-Taca as well.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by DLNYC
DL Used to have JFK-EZE. I flew it in March of 09 (and got op-uped, which was sweet). I also hope they bring it back. After an 11 hour flight its so nice to be home instead of connecting in ATL.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
I'm almost positive the JFK-EZE direct route will return when AR joins Skyteam. But I agree that the AV / TA deal is what they need to work on now. I heard somewhere that DL or AF may be interested in purchasing a stake in Avianca-Taca. Anyone have more details on that?

Also, AA just started a new JFK-GIG route. Maybe DL will be interested in flying non-stop to Rio de Janeiro from NY instead of connecting in ATL if it's profitable for AA. Hopefully it's one DL considers, as changing planes in ATL can get tiring on that route. The only issue is that much more business travel goes thru GRU.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by rionio77
I'm almost positive the JFK-EZE direct route will return when AR joins Skyteam. But I agree that the AV / TA deal is what they need to work on now. I heard somewhere that DL or AF may be interested in purchasing a stake in Avianca-Taca. Anyone have more details on that?

Also, AA just started a new JFK-GIG route. Maybe DL will be interested in flying non-stop to Rio de Janeiro from NY instead of connecting in ATL if it's profitable for AA. Hopefully it's one DL considers, as changing planes in ATL can get tiring on that route. The only issue is that much more business travel goes thru GRU.
LH M&M can earn miles with both of them and I believe there are many codeshares. AV may only code share with AC and CA, but TACA on the other hand codeshares with US and UA and to Europe quite a bit with LH. I know I've seen TACA numbers on Lufthansa flights to FRA/MUC while looking at departure screens.

If a European carrier is going to purchase them, I'd put Lufthansa as *A is aggressively pursuing South America since Varig was kicked out. TAM recently joined, but its hard to tell whether LATAM will go OW or *A.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
any point waiting to credit mileage to DL... just did SCL-AEP-MVD I have to say not a bad airline all flight took-off and landed on time and all agents I dealt with were Courteous and professional.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
It's official: Skyteam and Aerolineas Argentinas signed an agreement for the airline to join in 2012:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...105245358.html
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
More news report through Brazilian media outlet -

http://www.panrotas.com.br/noticia-t...eam_62425.html

Rgs,
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL PM
Looks like what was holding up the announcement was the negotiation over rejoining IATA.

http://www.clarin.com/politica/Aerol...349765085.html
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
With this and KQ adding more intercontinental routes (SYD, FCO this week) Skyteam is the place to be!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by stimpy
With this and KQ adding more intercontinental routes (SYD, FCO this week) Skyteam is the place to be!
are you sure abt SYD:

http://www.kenya-airways.com/home/ab...s/default.aspx
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
EZE-AKL-SYD will make a cool addition to a SkyTeam RTW ticket.

The mods can probably remove the question mark from the title of the thread.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
It's a codeshare announcement on BKK-SYD connecting to KQ flight:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...e-Share%20Deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.