Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot Bonus Family FFP ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum, PC Gold
Wink Aeroflot Bonus Family FFP ?

I have no status at all with Skytem or OneWorld, but I will fly Aeroflot in April with my father, PVG-SVO-MAD R/D, their air fare is so competitive.

I've been checking out the Aeroflot Bonus FFP, it seems good, but I did not find enough information I need.

About the Aeroflot Bonus Family plan:

1) Does the miles flown counts toward EQM? Or it's just for award miles?
2) What's the restriction on booking class of other Skyteam flights?
3) Family members fly Delta, what EQM and RDM do I get?

Over all, is it a rewarding program?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by Jiangsu
I have no status at all with Skytem or OneWorld, but I will fly Aeroflot in April with my father, PVG-SVO-MAD R/D, their air fare is so competitive.

I've been checking out the Aeroflot Bonus FFP, it seems good, but I did not find enough information I need.

About the Aeroflot Bonus Family plan:

1) Does the miles flown counts toward EQM? Or it's just for award miles?
2) What's the restriction on booking class of other Skyteam flights?
3) Family members fly Delta, what EQM and RDM do I get?

Over all, is it a rewarding program?
1) You will get status miles (EQMs) for your own flight and 40 pct of award miles for your father's flight. (Unless you manage to enroll him as your spouse - then it's 70 pct )
2-3) See Aeroflot Bonus general earning table for Skyteam partners. There are no separate earning tables just for the Family Plan. This must be new, but their website now shows that you can only get miles when your family members fly SU (but the Head of the family account continues to earn miles on Skyteam partners).

All in all, if your father will never ever earn an award in any Skyteam scheme, you might want to save at least 40 pct of his miles. Otherwise, it's a waste - just get him a separate account with SU Bonus or any other FFP that gives miles for these flights and booking classes.

Note that the minimum number of family members is 3 so you'll need to enroll your pet as a bogus sibling or kid
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by apoivre
1) You will get status miles (EQMs) for your own flight and 40 pct of award miles for your father's flight. (Unless you manage to enroll him as your spouse - then it's 70 pct )
2-3) See Aeroflot Bonus general earning table for Skyteam partners. There are no separate earning tables just for the Family Plan. This must be new, but their website now shows that you can only get miles when your family members fly SU (but the Head of the family account continues to earn miles on Skyteam partners).

All in all, if your father will never ever earn an award in any Skyteam scheme, you might want to save at least 40 pct of his miles. Otherwise, it's a waste - just get him a separate account with SU Bonus or any other FFP that gives miles for these flights and booking classes.

Note that the minimum number of family members is 3 so you'll need to enroll your pet as a bogus sibling or kid
I recently tested Aeroflot's Family Plan for my mom & nephew. I figured that they won't fly on Aeroflot again before miles in their respective individual accounts would expire in 2 years. Although they both have Delta accounts, their discounted fair class was listed as non-earning on Delta (L - I believe - Fare Basis LPXOW).

The actual setting of the Family plan was pretty straight forward - I opened accounts for both of them, emailed Aeroflot Bonus to have myself designated as a head of household and them as members. Got a response via e-mail in about couple of days.

Actual miles posted to my account as reedemable (non-status) at 70% mileage rate (not 40% as should have been for non-spouse family members but I am not complaining).
Old Jul 23, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I recently experienced the same that fungirl mentioned above. I am 2 years into the Family Plan since my wife and 4 kids travel with me every summer to Russia for a few months. Their miles all posted a few days ago to my account at the 70% rate for each instead of just for my wife and then 40% for the rest. Very nice.

I also am able to add/take away additional family members with a simple email to Aeroflot Bonus as sometimes my mother, my mother in law or my father in law travel with us. Actually, I've added non family members as the 7th person a few times just for one flight they were taking with me and noted as much in my email to Bonus to have them added. No problem at all.

EQM status is only for me though. None of their miles have ever posted to my as EQMs. All in all the program works for me/us just fine. I get more miles quickly which I use exclusively for the purpose of upgrading Q fare tickets to Business Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.