Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt: Do they have Gold program like Hertz Gold, and how do I apply for it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

I've been Hertz Gold since 1997, and I love getting to the Hertz counter and having that "special" Gold service where my car is ready to rent and take without a queue.

Does Sixt have similar? We will rent from Sixt at Dortmund Airport. I have no idea how bad the queue will be at a place like Dortmund Airport at Saturday at 1:30pmish. I have no concept of what this airport is even like.

But if there's a benefit to getting Sixt Gold, I'd like to definitely do it, especially if it's free like Hertz Gold. But... how do I do it? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Old May 14, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
There is a SIXT gold card, but you have to obtain it through your number of rentals per year (guess itīs 5 a year, and 10 a year for Platinum).

No chance to buy this card.

But I really doubt that you will have a long waiting time at the Dortmund airport.
It may be an issue on a mid-week day, because of the business traveler.
I never had serious problems at any SIXT airport-sations on weekends.

If you want to be on the 100% safe side, you can use the key-safe:

Call the hotline 1-3 hours prior to your arrival and just walk to the key-safe next to the SIXT counter. You open the safe and get your key with your CC.
Old May 15, 2009, 1:56 am

sixt doesnt have the kind of hertz gold service you are used to from US. gold or platinum card won't help that.

but dortmund airport?
the problem is rather that they dont have cars or the only sixt person on the counter is taking a nap...
that airport has - since easyjet is hardly going there - a couple of flights a day.
a queue in dortmund cannot be a problem!

otherwise you can check with sixt if your airline status may allow a status match to sixt gold.
Old May 15, 2009, 2:42 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
If you join LHW for free they give you the Sixt gold card.

I've always found Sixt to be super efficient so I wouldn't expect any queues.
Old May 15, 2009, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a platinum Sixt card, and still need to go to the counter for paperwork (though I guess that there is the option of "online check-in" for SOME countries that allow it). But I will agree with previous posters that DTM is just a small regional airport (most people in the area seem to use DUS instead), and that Sixt are quite efficient so won't be wasting much of your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.