Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt insurance question

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 6:35 am
BMK
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Sixt insurance question

Hi guys - I'm thinking of renting a BMW 7 Series or Mercedes S Class in Mallorca, Spain for a week this summer.

If I get the full insurance it bumps the price up by almost 35% which is quite considerable. Im only a lowly Gold card holder - is there any chance they'll throw the insurance in..??

Also does Sixt have the new 7 Series on the fleet yet..??

Many thanks...BMK
Old May 11, 2009, 6:39 am

I have a Sixt Gold card and I've never had insurance "thrown in"...
Old May 12, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
I´m a Diamond customer and STILL I´ve never received full insurance complimentary.

Best way would be, to get a creditcard with integrated rental car insurance. This really saves a lot if you have several rentals over a year.

Yes, the new 7series is available at SIXT, at least in Germany.
I doubt that they will have the new series in Mallorca by thsi time.
Old May 12, 2009, 11:44 pm
BMK
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Cool - thanks for the responses guys.
Old May 13, 2009, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by BMK
Cool - thanks for the responses guys.
The credit card insurance goes up to 75.000€
so for 7series or s class I cannot recommend using the credit card.
s class at sixt is rougly 90 to 95.000 worth...
Old May 13, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
It really varies among credit card issuers.

One of my credit cards WILL cover up to €100,000

And the other will cover ANY car provided I paid no more than $100 per day. I asked them if they'd cover a Benz S550 - they said yes since I paid €180 for the entire weekend (or $80 per day).

Try the Sixt Holiday rates - could be lower. I rented a BMW 730d for one week in Germany and it had insurance thrown in. That was a year ago - I don't know if they still do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.