Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Formal Complaint Against Sixt in Paris CDG

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic

Hi All,

For years now, I have rented Sixt cars at CDG, with a fuel gauge jumping from F to 7/8 or less within 10-20 miles, sometimes even not showing F at rental start though the contract mentioned it. Once, I even had to refuel 8 liters (2 gallons+) after a rental in which, due to a change of program, I drove less than 15 miles. A Sixt agent once mentioned the cause to me as the platform along the pumps being intentionally not horizontal.

Having numerously tried unsuccessfully to solve the problem amicably at return ("Sir, after you have refilled the car, we cannot do anything"), I have handed the matter over to the French DGCRF "Direction Generale de la Concurrence et de la Repression des Fraudes" (Competitive practices and Fraud Investigations Administration), which acknowledged the claim, found it receivable and launched a full investigation.

More later.

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Apr 12, 2008 at 4:34 pm
Old Apr 12, 2008, 1:35 pm

Fantastic!

Great news, they deserve it! Sixt is the most dishonnest company I know - in any industry.
With 40+ rentals a year, I would have so many reasons to go to court with Sixt, if I had a little bit of courage... Please keep us updated!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why get worked up?? I always fill up 20km before returning the car...always looks full enough on return. Maybe other renters do that too? Feel free to join us.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 12:11 pm

Well, that's what I do already, but they are so dishonnest that I wish your complaint will be valid.

Any news about it BTW?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.