Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT monthly rental with SEN discount ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

Just trying to figure out the bes price for a 3-4 week rental of a midsize car at either an airport or local station in germany.

The SEN / Platinum card discount works just for the weekend rentals as it seems

Any ideas how to take advantage of this for long-term or an alternative to Sixt ?

Thanks
Old May 15, 2008, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
You can use the Sixt Platinum / SEN rates for monthly rates.
I would recommend not to pick up the car at an airport station as you will then pay the (hefty) airport surcharge. (it makes a difference on a monthly rental). If you use the CC for CDW coverage make sure not to exceed 28 days (??). (We recently just discussed this in another thread somewehre).
Old May 16, 2008, 1:10 am

Programs: LH HON
as mentioned in the "other thread", I'm currently on a monthly-contract with SIXT using the SEN "discount". it works but it's not _that_ much cheaper than the regular rates.

I second, that you should avoid an airport station.
Old May 16, 2008, 1:28 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
As this topic is not necessarily LH and M&M related the OP may get some additional input in the "other rental car forum", so I'll move this thread there.

Have a nice day

totti
M&M moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.