Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Scams??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2007, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
I live in Zurich right now and use Sixt quite a bit (I am Platinum). The Zurich station (not airport) is fantastic. Service has always been friendly and efficient and their cars are second to none.

I used Sixt in Italy (Fumicino), and that was another story entirely. Did not have the car I ordered, indifferent/surly service and high prices. I understand Sixt in Italy is not connected to Sixt corporate (not sure the exact nature of relationship). I would not recommend them. However, they did respond to my inquiries about a price reduction via email and phone.

All in all, except for Italy, I am a big fan of Sixt!

fduvall

Originally Posted by mclain
Sounds like there are at least a couple of loyal Sixt fans here that would rather not believe this incident has happened to me, but the fact is, it did.
And it did happen in Germany, contrary to expectations otherwise.

An e-mail asking for a description of the cleaning fee and what actually needed to be done to the car has as yet gone unanswered. (We just by luck have a couple of pix taken the day of return, showing the car to be "clean", so we'll see what response they bring...)
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, American, Sixt
Originally Posted by sixtisbest
1. I dont understand why 2 different airports of a city should be handled as one. The cars are at one airport and the rental company plans for that.

2. I may be not only a passing customer with 2 rentals a week, but I wanted to point out here, that so far any dispute with sixt could be resolved in a normal manner and this is clearly not the case with hertz and europcar.

However, I admit that I have heard many times that Sixt at CDG is very bad, particularly because of different parkhouses in the different terminals and the car you want is always in a different terminal.

Example of sixt and hertz: For CPMR at sixt I got a z4, a4, x3, crossfire. Hertz told me for a c class rental (FDAR) that they only have a focus cmax without automatic in stock and that they were thinking about calling me to cancel my reservation because they didnt have any cars. And this to a hertz gold customer! btw, the rate for the focus was 1€ less than what the merc would have been.
I've had a terrible experience with Hertz CDG. It was a prepaid rental, but they charged me again after returning the car (credit card). On the other hand I always have good experience with Avis, specially in Germany.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by rsf2880
I've had a terrible experience with Hertz CDG. It was a prepaid rental, but they charged me again after returning the car (credit card). On the other hand I always have good experience with Avis, specially in Germany.
Can you tell in any way how AVIS in Germany can be useful? Since years now I havnt found a single rate which is somehow useful with this company: weekends are twice as much without insurance than europcar/Hertz/Sixt. During the week its not that much of a difference but still more. So for which tariff is it useful to go to AVIS?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Can you tell in any way how AVIS in Germany can be useful? Since years now I havnt found a single rate which is somehow useful with this company: weekends are twice as much without insurance than europcar/Hertz/Sixt. During the week its not that much of a difference but still more. So for which tariff is it useful to go to AVIS?
You are kidding right?!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 2:02 pm
Suspended

I have had in the past, as a platinum member, lots of unpleasant encounters with Sixt. - reserved car not avail., - car upgraded and than downgraded, - special cleaning fees, -vouchers not accepted, -incerdible unfriendly staff, -status not honored, - not quick car pick up ever.
The last time as I had an unsolved issue with them, due to overcharge and a charge back from my side, they didn´t want to give me a car. Issue was later solved, after I picked up a car from Avis.
That day I gave up on Sixt for ever.
I never had any issues with Avis. ANd the prices, for sure, were never "...weekends are twice as much without insurance than europcar/Hertz/Sixt..."

Do you work for Sixt?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG: Platinum
Thumbs down

After reading all the negative posts about Sixt, I will try another brand on my next trip to Europe.
Sorry Sixtisbest. Do you work for Sixt?
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:08 am

Question Avis Germany

I never use www.avis.de, but www.avis.com or www.rent-at-avis.com
AWD K817200 (American). So far, this is what i can get for a week, CDW/TP included (not using airport/railway stations):

Mini Smart Fortwo or similar (M) ( L ) 225.00 USD
Subcompact Opel Corsa or similar (M) ( L ) 225.00 USD
Compact Volkswagen Golf or similar (M) ( L ) 260.00 USD
Compact Mercedes A Class or similar (M) ( L ) 276.00 USD
Compact Mercedes Class or similar (A) ( L ) 457.00 USD
Intermediate Audi A3 Sportsback or similar (M) ( L ) 281.00 USD
Intermediate Wagon VW Passat Wagen or similar (M) ( L ) 308.00 USD
Full Size BMW 3 Series or similar (M) ( L ) 415.00 USD
Premium Mercedes C Class or similar (A) ( L ) 479.00 USD
Premium Mercedes E Class or similar (A) ( L ) 557.00 USD

You just have to add 5% for final price.
Although the base rate gets a little bit lower if i select the USA as country of residence (I live in Brazil), it doesn't include CDW/TP. With the CDW/TP included, it really gets much higher.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 1:24 pm
Suspended

And then go check Sixt online for weekly prices and you almost get the same amounts. In EURO!!!
Example:
BMW 523 (Premium) Euro 488,99
Mercedes A class (Compact) Euro 311,99
and so on.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
And then go check Sixt online for weekly prices and you almost get the same amounts. In EURO!!!
Example:
BMW 523 (Premium) Euro 488,99
Mercedes A class (Compact) Euro 311,99
and so on.
In my case, Avis has better week rates.
Sixt weekend rates are unbeatable in any case.
Check out the forum www.mietwagen-talk.de ^ (which I highly recommend). You can see there how popular Sixt is in Germany.

Greetings
Old Aug 15, 2008, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Do you work for Sixt?
no, I choose this name around 2 years ago, when sixt rented LDAR for 77e for the weekend in Germany. Sadly this time is over since Jan 2007.

Therefore I changed to Europcar and Hertz in Germany which is approx. 20% cheaper than Sixt. (for weekend prices)
However, the rates I know from avis in Germany are 1,5-2times as much as Europcar. (FDMR at Europcar and Hertz 75-80e, compared to 125 at Avis)
Thats why I am curious to find out for what Avis is useful.
Week rates are not interesting for me, only weekends!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:03 am

Avis

no, I choose this name around 2 years ago, when sixt rented LDAR for 77e for the weekend in Germany. Sadly this time is over since Jan 2007.

Therefore I changed to Europcar and Hertz in Germany which is approx. 20% cheaper than Sixt. (for weekend prices)
However, the rates I know from avis in Germany are 1,5-2times as much as Europcar. (FDMR at Europcar and Hertz 75-80e, compared to 125 at Avis)
Thats why I am curious to find out for what Avis is useful.
Week rates are not interesting for me, only weekends!

Try www.avis.de for weekend rates.
Budget (the german site) has good rates too.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Thumbs up One more thumbs up for Sixt

I just found this thread when I came looking to post about how much I like Sixt.

I think it's obvious that station matters and that every rental/and company can be good or bad, but for about the 4th time in as many rentals I've had excellent service and responsiveness from Sixt locations in southern France.

Last night I had to pick up a car when my flight was arriving 25minutes before they closed. I called Hertz, Avis and Europecar before I made the res and they all said they couldn't promise anything.

The Sixt agent called the airport and they promised to wait for me. Yesterday before boarding my flight I called them again to double check and spoke to the man at the counter who again reassured me.

They were there, expecting me and very friendly - even had a diesel I requested.

(I noticed a couple wandering around in the Hertz parking lot across the way looking for signs of life. Not sure what their story was, but I was glad it wasn't me.)

I did notice the not-quite-full "full" tank and it's annoying, but I blame the previous renter more than the agency. Unfortunately with gas prices what they are, people a more likely to try to cut corners and I'm sure I've driven on my "full tank" before.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:56 am

Sixt scam at Zurich downtown

Agree with the detractors. I got home the other day after a business trip where I rented from Sixt. When I returned the car, they just told me to drive it up to the 7th floor of the parking ramp. Don't know why they couldn't do it as I was at their drop off area. When I came back down, I asked for a receipt since it's a business expense. Reluctantly, the girl put on a coat to go up & inspect the car. Came down, started doing the receipt, and I asked if everything was fine, she said "yes".

Four days later, I get an email saying there was damage to the car ... a scratch on the rear bumper, passenger side. And they want me to provide a police report or else cover the damages. Say what?

Four days later, and all of a sudden the vehicle is damaged? Why did she say everything was fine. If there really was some damage, then she should have shown it to me and have me sign to confirm this.

I will fight them on this, even though my credit card covers this type of damage.

And others are correct ... lazy girls who spend time on the phone chit-chatting and looking at their nails.

Rent elsewhere.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 9:17 am

Sixt Germany

Hello, I want to share my latest experience and warn users of Sixt-Germany services

I rented a ban for 86 euros in November, I paid with my MC debit card and everything went smoothly. A few days later I found on my bank records that Sixt charged me 172 euros instead of 86.
This link is a PDF with the mail exchange between me and Sixt customer service ( http://scr.bi/gy3i1V ). To this date I haven't seen my money back.

Hope it help future costumers, if you can not avoid Sixt, al least don't use a debit card, no mater if the girl at the desk tells you that card is ok.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:45 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by Mema
Hello, I want to share my latest experience and warn users of Sixt-Germany services

I rented a ban for 86 euros in November, I paid with my MC debit card and everything went smoothly. A few days later I found on my bank records that Sixt charged me 172 euros instead of 86.
This link is a PDF with the mail exchange between me and Sixt customer service ( http://scr.bi/gy3i1V ). To this date I haven't seen my money back.

Hope it help future costumers, if you can not avoid Sixt, al least don't use a debit card, no mater if the girl at the desk tells you that card is ok.
Hello Mema,
my name is Sabine Blasig and I work in the Sixt UK customer service Team.
Please could you e-mail me a screen shot of the transaction to [email protected] and I will be happy to look into this matter further for you.

Best Regards
Sabine Blasig

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.