Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Horrible

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Chase Bold Ink
Sixt - Horrible

Rented car for 8 days in Spain (SVQ). I got a car (Nissan Juke, promised a Citroen) and drove it 12km tried to turn on the air conditioning, because Spain is hot, and it didn't work. Drove car back and they refused to admit it didn't work then said they would find a different car. I told them I'd just go next door and get a car and they said I had to wait for them to find a different car. I told them I'm on vacation and didn't want to wait. I went next door and rented a much better car for less for same 8 days and told Sixt adios. They refused to accept the return and started lecturing me (they were stalling). Then they drove up with an old beater car that stunk of cigarettes and looked like a death trap and said I had to accept it. I refused and drove off in a nice Mercedes from Europcar.

They now claim that I voluntarily ended the rental agreement so they are keeping my deposit. I protested and they added insult to injury by returning the deposit but charging me 145 Euro to essentially drive their broken car for 1 hour, the time it took me to discover the broken air conditioner and return the car.

Sixt will happily take your money and give you crap.

Last edited by RKavaler; May 27, 2017 at 2:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.