SIXT rental at PHX

Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
SIXT rental at PHX

Have a reservation next month at PHX, has anyone had any problems at that location?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:23 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Have a reservation next month at PHX, has anyone had any problems at that location?
We do a ton of rentals with Sixt in PHX (and with Sixt overall) and we have had zero complaints about the PHX location. When Sixt first came to the US a few years ago there were some reports of bumpy service at a few locations, but to their credit they have improved immensely to the point where we get almost no complaints about them at all. Customers love the higher end vehicles as well. The main drawback to them is the lack of a skip the counter option like Hertz, Avis, National, but the flip side is that often their prices are super competitive.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
We do a ton of rentals with Sixt in PHX (and with Sixt overall) and we have had zero complaints about the PHX location. When Sixt first came to the US a few years ago there were some reports of bumpy service at a few locations, but to their credit they have improved immensely to the point where we get almost no complaints about them at all. Customers love the higher end vehicles as well. The main drawback to them is the lack of a skip the counter option like Hertz, Avis, National, but the flip side is that often their prices are super competitive.
My reservation is through Auto Slash. I have booked with you several times, mostly in Florida with no problems. I have been seeing comments about SIXT giving renters the hard sales tactic for their rental insurance, which I contest.
Thank you for your reply.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:45 pm

My reservation is through Auto Slash. I have booked with you several times, mostly in Florida with no problems. I have been seeing comments about SIXT giving renters the hard sales tactic for their rental insurance, which I contest.
Thanks for your business! I think the hard sell on insurance is pretty much par for the course at most places. Rental agents often get commission on add-on's (except at Enterprise but their overall rating is based on selling add-on's), so they are incentivized to try to convince you of the need.

For those that want to avoid this sort of situation entirely we recommend renting with Hertz, Avis, National and skipping the counter entirely. Generally if you just give them a polite not intesested they will off, but the exception to the rule is Payless, which egregiously bilks customers left right.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your business! I think the hard sell on insurance is pretty much par for the course at most places. Rental agents often get commission on add-on's (except at Enterprise but their overall rating is based on selling add-on's), so they are incentivized to try to convince you of the need.

For those that want to avoid this sort of situation entirely we recommend renting with Hertz, Avis, National and skipping the counter entirely. Generally if you just give them a polite not intesested they will off, but the exception to the rule is Payless, which egregiously bilks customers left right.
True, skipping the counter is the way to end all sales pitches, also, I have been told by Budget counter sales personal that they are not suppose to try and sell you extras when your profile already indicates no insurance, return fuel tank full, etc, good policy.
Also have a rental with SIXT at YUM, will let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:04 pm

True, skipping the counter is the way to end all sales pitches, also, I have been told by Budget counter sales personal that they are not suppose to try and sell you extras when your profile already indicates no insurance, return fuel tank full, etc, good policy.
Also have a rental with SIXT at YUM, will let you know how it goes.
Sixt is at YUM?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Sixt is at YUM?
No, I'm wrong, it's Enterprise through Auto Slash.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but has anyone rented with them at SEA? They've got a really competitive rate on an SUV compared to everyone else.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Just had a 10 day rental at PHX from Sixt, and while I was disappointed not to get any sort of upgrade (I'm platinum), they did NOT give me any grief about insurance. Agent asked me if I wanted to add on their coverage, I replied "No, it's on my credit card" and that was that. Very pleasant.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:16 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Had an uneventful experience at PHX...Pickup was fast and efficient--no upsell for a bigger vehicle nor insurance. Return was slightly annoying as there was no one there checking cars in when I returned it at midnight to catch my redeye back--but had the (proper and correct) receipt e-mailed to me by the time I was through TSA.

Reserved the basic MB SUV--was given something a little bigger/nicer and was quite happy with the vehicle.

(Recently given Plat status from something or another--Hilton Diamond?!?!?!)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: American Airlines
does anyone know what convertibles Sixt has at PHX?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.