Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Frankfurt Airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Sixt Frankfurt Airport

Hello,

Does anyone have experience renting from Frankfurt Airport? Are their vehicle choices pretty good? I was in Munich a couple months ago and read from this forum that Grand Westin branch was great.. and it was! I will be renting an XDAR class for a week in Frankfurt and was wondering what choices they had. Hoping to try the new 7 series..

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I typically rent XDAR out of FRA and each and every time it's a very nicely equipped Audi A8. Haven't received the new 7-Series; I ask each time. They have offered a S350, but I've always passed on them as the last 3 I've been offered at over 30,000km on the odometer.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have a booking at Sixt Frankfurt Airport next month, booked a CPMR BMW 1-Series or similar. How generous do they tend to be when it comes to upgrades as a Platinum member? I did leave a note in the reservation that I do prefer BMW, either the 1-Series as booked or a higher model as a Platinum upgrade.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I never get whatever is the newest car. When the new S-Class came out, I was always getting the BMW 730d or 740d. When the new BMW 7-Series came out, I was getting the S-Class. I have seen the Phaeton in the fleet.

If it's the newly re-designed car, don't get your hopes high. Sorry to say this... but you can always try to put in a request.
Old May 9, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LH4116
I have a booking at Sixt Frankfurt Airport next month, booked a CPMR BMW 1-Series or similar. How generous do they tend to be when it comes to upgrades as a Platinum member? I did leave a note in the reservation that I do prefer BMW, either the 1-Series as booked or a higher model as a Platinum upgrade.
I'll update myself. Got an upgrade to an Audi Q5 at the counter which is a pretty good upgrade, but for whatever reason I was in the mood for a BMW (also I'm not a big SUV fan) and the only available was a 318i. Now this was perhaps the most basic BMW I've ever driven. Not a single option apart from what's offered as standard, not even the sport package which in and of itself is a very basic option. Oh and don't get me started on the engine. 3-cylinder petrol engine, really had to struggle on the autobahn, and the fuel economy was bad. Wasn't a fan of the manual transmission either.

I'm picking up a car from Sixt Frankfurt again later this week. This time I'll just take whatever upgrade they give me.
Old May 21, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I booked a PDAR for a week for EUR 250 or so. I had a Mercedes Diesel with 83 miles assigned. (E220 compressor or something). At the diamond lounge I asked if they had an Audi instead -- since I drive an a4 at home -- and he gave me an awesome white A6 sedan prestige trim.

Really good rates here, great cars, and I ended up with 4 Red Bull between the diamond lounge and picking up the key at the regular desk.

So far I've driven from FRA to Rotterdam to Calais to Bordeaux...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.