Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Massive credit card hold - Sixt Tijuana Airport, Mexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I recently reserved a Jetta for 3 days at Tijuana Airport. I paid $10/day for additional liability insurance (SLI) and used my AmEx for LDW. I prepaid and the terms and conditions in my confirmation email said that Sixt may make a hold of up to $600.

Fast forward to pick-up day. The agent insisted that I take LDW for $40/day or I would not be able to rent the vehicle. I stood my ground and she backed down on the $40/day and said I could rent the vehicle but only if I agreed to a $5,300 hold. I pushed back but she refused to budge and I had no choice but to agree to the $5,300 hold rather than the $600 hold that was mentioned in the terms and conditions.

When I returned the vehicle the same agent referred to me as a "stupid gringo" in Spanish. Not sure what she said but another customer told me.

I fired off an email to Sixt customer service and got the response below:
"It is stated in Sixt terms and conditions that if LDW insurance is declined a higher deposit of up to $4,000 USD may be taken from the credit card. Therefore there is no indication that we failed in our responsibility."
  1. The terms and conditions in my confirmation email stated $600 hold.
  2. If the T&Cs did state $4,000, why was $5,300 held?
  3. The "Stupid gringo" comment was not addressed.

I can forgive poor service at a station if customer service can fix it later. If this is how they treat their Platinum members then I don't want to give them any more business.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:15 am

Looks like there has been really bad reviews from franchise locations. I wouldn't expect any non US or Euro Sixt to really care about status or even treating you right. CS probably couldn't do anything either because they are franchisees and have little control.

It just looks like franchised locations are worse overall in many ways.. though Sixt at MCO once asked for proof of collision coverage before letting me decline LDW so that was kind of annoying too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.