Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why two LAX locations for Sixt?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Four-month old LAX reservation.. Correct Location?

I'm reading that some people were told to go to the other location.

My reservation was for the Renaissance Hotel but it was three months ago when I made the reservation.

Do I still go there or do I have to go the new location? I have both on my GPS just in case.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:22 am

Which was the correct location in the end?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:54 pm

Why two LAX locations for Sixt?

I'm arriving LAX next week. I see there is some chatter about Sixt at LAX but feel this might deserve its own thread.

Last year when I did this, the Renaissance Hotel location was the only one. Now, from reading the forums here, I see there is an "actual" new Sixt LAX location. But the old Renaissance location is still showing up as a selectable place. So both are there.

What's more - the Renaissance prices are seeming to be nearly 50% cheaper than LAX. So I booked the Renaissance (which has weird hours, closing at 3pm) instead of LAX.

So what can I expect? Should I head to the LAX location with my Renaissance booking? Or do I actually go to the Renaissance? Are there shuttles for both places?

And more importantly, did I discover some kind of Sixt travel hack by choosing the cheaper Renaissance instead of LAX?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:17 pm

Wow same exact situation here. I know that different locations have different prices. Airports are usually more expensive but the price difference at renaissance is significant.

I arrive after 3 pm on friday when they are closed. I doubt bringing they would honor the reservation at lax though if you book at a different location...
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Casey A. Hoffman
I arrive after 3 pm on friday when they are closed. I doubt bringing they would honor the reservation at lax though if you book at a different location...
Well I think I read in other threads that reservations at the old location (which was the Renaissance) were actually transferred over to the new location. I *think* I also read that the shuttle just goes to the official LAX location now, and not the Renaissance. Like it's a ghost facility.

So that's why I am hoping someone can clarify these things. It's a huge price difference.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
Originally Posted by lht8801
Well I think I read in other threads that reservations at the old location (which was the Renaissance) were actually transferred over to the new location. I *think* I also read that the shuttle just goes to the official LAX location now, and not the Renaissance. Like it's a ghost facility.

So that's why I am hoping someone can clarify these things. It's a huge price difference.
I wouldn't bet on that, though. Judging from how you can make reservations to both locations, and how both have different operating hours, I would assume they are now just separate entities. Probably the reports of transferred reservations earlier were during the transition period - they likely still had a number of reservations in the system which were headed to LAX at the Renaissance, but maybe due to their restrictive business hours they had to transfer them to their new LAX Bellance avenue spot.

In any case, if I try to make a reservation to the Renaissance anytime beyond their business hours the Sixt website gives me an error. So my guess is that if you are there to collect your car during their limited time of opening, you're in luck. Otherwise, not so much. Doubt the other office will honor a reservation made at the Renaissance location without at least some negotiation; different taxes (maybe) and lower operating costs likely drive the prices down for the Renaissance location.

But all of this are just assumptions.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:42 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Wow. So glad I saw this thread. I made a reservation at LAX and would have just headed to the Renaissance. Totally didn't realize the new location!!!!

Was coming here to ask: I have Platinum w Sixt and they've generally done right by with fantastic upgrades - but does it matter to them my starting booking class? The differerence in price between a CCAR and an FCAR is like $5 a day. If I don't get a nice upgrade I'm just as happy in that CCAR (actually prefer it) but if I can get a much better upgrade starting at FCAR I'll book that. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.