Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I have Sixt Platinum status for being AA Platinum. Does that mean I won't get an upgrade?
Answered in Post #28 and also in T&Cs on status match page
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
So I guess it all makes sense why they are so openly offering Plat status match. If no upgrade is going to be offered, then I would rather stick with National as their Aisle selection is as straightforward as it gets.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:58 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Explorer789
So I guess it all makes sense why they are so openly offering Plat status match. If no upgrade is going to be offered, then I would rather stick with National as their Aisle selection is as straightforward as it gets.
I'm using sixt right now in Thailand. No problem what so ever. They gave me the best car on the lot.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by t1c
I'm using sixt right now in Thailand. No problem what so ever. They gave me the best car on the lot.
I guess it is location dependent. Thailand isn't exactly a place people rent cars that much as public transport is abundant and cheap.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:53 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Explorer789
I guess it is location dependent. Thailand isn't exactly a place people rent cars that much as public transport is abundant and cheap.
i have used sixt in orlando upgraded to an sl550, Sarasota A6, phoenix s550, Seattle BMW 650, Miami Chevy Tahoe.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
i have used sixt in orlando upgraded to an sl550, Sarasota A6, phoenix s550, Seattle BMW 650, Miami Chevy Tahoe.

Maybe I'm just lucky.
It's worth noting that you have quite a history with them, so that helps.

I was referring to two different plats statuses, where one doesn't get upgrades. I would not risk missing out on an upgrade with Sixt instead of National.

Last edited by Explorer789; Mar 14, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
It really doesn't cost much more by moving to a higher class. I have never expected upgrades and could not care any less. Sure, it's nice, but a lot of times, the upgrades mess up my trip to Prague since I cannot take XDAR-class vehicles there. I find myself requesting no upgrades and keeping it at LDAR so that I can take it to Prague from Munich.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:38 am

Status match from national ex elite

I have a national ex. elite and want to match to tge sixt platinum.
if i send them a screenshot of my statement showing over 100 days of rentals per year for last 2 years will i be able to get directly into the higher platinum
I also have world elite if it still helps

Thanks to all
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by t1c

Maybe I'm just lucky.
Which class/category do you normally book at?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by samuelsmith
I have a national ex. elite and want to match to tge sixt platinum.
if i send them a screenshot of my statement showing over 100 days of rentals per year for last 2 years will i be able to get directly into the higher platinum
I also have world elite if it still helps

Thanks to all
When Sixt do match, it is matched with upgrade benefits. In order the keep the upgrade benefit after the trial period (I believe 12 months), you have to requalify by meeting the rental requirements.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:39 pm
t1c

delete

Last edited by t1c; Mar 25, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Old Mar 25, 2018, 7:58 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by jeepzy3

Which class/category do you normally book at?
STAR, XCAR, XDAR Classes
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
STAR, XCAR, XDAR Classes
I booked a PCAR hoping for LCAR.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I have the top tier Hertz PC but really like renting from Sixt because I could take LDAR to Italy and even Prague.

Last year, I took a 3-week trip to Europe covering 9 countries.

Hertz's LDAR was a BMW 520d, that definitely fell under PDAR with Sixt! I walked back to Hertz 4 hours later and they had a Benz E200d and it was stripped-down. Fortunately, I reserved with both Sixt and Hertz even though Hertz cost a little more with more restrictions on where I can go. I cancelled my Hertz reservation at the counter and walked over to Sixt.

Sixt had a brand-new Audi A6 station wagon. I was told to get LWAR because the Audi A6 wagons tended to be better equipped than the LDAR Audi A6 sedans. Mine had the competition 326-hp engine and technology package which featured lane assist and adaptive cruise control. Oh, did I mention it was blazingly fast?

Unfortunately, I had a flat tire in Paris so I got a French-registered Audi A7 which was nice but considerably less-equipped than the A6, no adaptive cruise control and no lane assist, and only 225-hp compared to 326-hp on the A6. They told me it was LDAR so I could take it to Italy and Czechia. I though the Germans considered the A7 an XDAR which would not be allowed. Fortunately, there weren't problems but I really think I should have that in writing from now on.

Here's a secret: if you reserve more than a month in advance, it costs more. I reserved it at around 700 Euros, then as time got nearer, it was 550 for three weeks so I cancelled my previous reservation and made a new one. No problem there.

If you have the real platinum, not the fake platinum like mine, you'd more likely get upgraded from PCAR to LCAR. I used to many times.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by jeepzy3

I booked a PCAR hoping for LCAR.
Got a Volvo S90 which I think is an XCAR. It was a great car with lots of tech!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.