Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ENOTTY
That sucks. What is even the point of Platinum (via a World Elite Mastercard) then?
Getting Plat from World Elite does not give you upgrades - just the discount benefits.

You need 10 rentals before you start getting upgraded.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by kxc262
Getting Plat from World Elite does not give you upgrades - just the discount benefits.

Is this also true when Platinum status is derived from my UA 1K status?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by kxc262

As a point of clarification - 10 rentals in a 12 month period.

Originally Posted by fgirard
Is this also true when Platinum status is derived from my UA 1K status?
Yes.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I was looking into various statuses provided by WE mastercards, and came across this thread. I was looking to rent a car for a day in France, with a dropoff in another city - what's the likelihood of me renting a car one class below an automatic and getting upgraded to 1? The price difference is quite big, and there datapoints here are mostly for diamond, with a few platinum last year
Old Apr 21, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
As a point of clarification - 10 rentals in a 12 month period.

Yes.
Thanks, now I know not to expect much, but Sixt Cabo pissed me off this past weekend.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
I was looking into various statuses provided by WE mastercards, and came across this thread. I was looking to rent a car for a day in France, with a dropoff in another city - what's the likelihood of me renting a car one class below an automatic and getting upgraded to 1? The price difference is quite big, and there datapoints here are mostly for diamond, with a few platinum last year
If you absolutely need an automatic, you should be booking an automatic. Even if you get an upgrade, there is no guarantee it will be an automatic.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
If you want automatic, book automatic. Sixt can easily fulfill any promised upgrade with a higher-tier car with a manual, so it's not a good idea to book assuming you'll get a manual-to-automatic upgrade.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:03 am

Mastercard World Elite

I came across this thread and did a search on Mastercard's website. Under rental cars and Sixt, it does mention complimentary upgrade. I am assuming that Mastercard World Elite should still get the upgrade. Thoughts?

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons.../tab-content-4
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by playa7x
I came across this thread and did a search on Mastercard's website. Under rental cars and Sixt, it does mention complimentary upgrade. I am assuming that Mastercard World Elite should still get the upgrade. Thoughts?

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons.../tab-content-4
It is possible but I would not expect it. YMMV based on counter agent IMO.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:05 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Hi - quick q folks - I am Platinum, I have a booking coming up at LAS and I will try to get a complimentary upgrade of course! Does it make any difference if I complete the online 'check-in'? Or should I skip the online check in and just get there and have a nice chat with the rep to see about any possible upgrades? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by mrshyt
Hi - quick q folks - I am Platinum, I have a booking coming up at LAS and I will try to get a complimentary upgrade of course! Does it make any difference if I complete the online 'check-in'? Or should I skip the online check in and just get there and have a nice chat with the rep to see about any possible upgrades? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Hi - quick a - read post #24.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:23 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I got Sixt Platinum via the Air Berlin Gold status match offer. I've made a booking with Sixt in Poland. So I gather that means I should be upgraded one category higher?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I believe new Platinums get the upgrade benefit for one year. The benefit will be discontinued unless you meet the requirements for requalification.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I'm a new plat and didnt get an upgrade in CDG a couple of weeks ago. Given some BS about that it was subject to availability up to 6 days prior to rental - load of crap. But the agent was happy to upsell! I booked a E-series, was offered a 420 (suitcases didn't fit that car) and was then made to wait 45min to get the E-series. While all along there was a 525 in the lot "...oh, but that is a different class... would you like to pay and upgrade to that?".

Solution: Complain to Sixt. Got a EUR100 voucher. Yet I doubt I'll book with Sixt again. Accorhotels just started their partnership with Hertz so I will give that a try.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I have Sixt Platinum status for being AA Platinum. Does that mean I won't get an upgrade?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.