Wiki Posts
Search

Croatia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Croatia

Any experiences dealing with Sixt in Croatia? I know not to accept their first prices but looking to get an idea of what to pay for a mini or economy with them and how they treat you in Croatia. I have been told to absolutely take out their insurance and need to also know how to get an international drivers license I as understand one is required. Appreciate any information on Sixt and how to get better pricing from them.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Pricing is usually better in advance, rarely close in. I have a card via Miles and More that gives lower rates sometimes; I think AA and Delta have similar deals with Sixt. Any status with one of those airlines? Also try Expedia or one of those sites to see what they can do with prices.

In any case, I think Sixt has the best fleet in Croatia. Cleaner, newer cars than the competition and less nickel and diming (ie. fewer add-ons [I've gotten stung by Avis twice recently--not for a lot but it's still annoying]). Avis here also has older cars (think 2 or 3 or 4 years old).

All in all, if the rates are even close, I would go with Sixt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.