SIXT... Las Vegas

Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum; Marriott Titanium Elite; Hertz President's Circle
Is there any advantage as a SIXT Platinum to book a low level car such as an FCAR or PCAR and then hope for or ask for a paid upgrade to a higher level car such as LCAR, XCAR, etc for a lower rate than if you had booked that higher level car to begin with?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I rented a PCAR today and asked for an upgrade, the lady at the counter gave me a brand new C300 for free(platinum member).

I got in and out in less than 10 mins! Even faster than my hertz experience even on gold! Good thing they have visitors from corporate, the counters are all open quite the opposite from what I've read before renting here.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Typ of car LAS IFAR?

Hi Sixt Moritz,

what kind of cars do you offer in LAS if i book a cat. IFAR (Kia Sportage or similar).

Thank you for your reply!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
I made a XFAR reservation (Pay at Pick-up) 1-2 months ago with pick up at the McCarran Airport office and returning it at the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica.
However now when i'm searching the same route no premium groups are available, they are however available for rentals with pickup and return at McCarran.

Anyone with experince of this? Can I expect an XFAR

This reservation was made before they split XFAR to XFAR and ZFAZ, so I was even hoping on them to honor this rental (like they did a month ago with a similar rental except that one was pre paid) but now I'm nervous for them just saying "You book a car group, not a specific car, here's a Toyota Rav-4.... (I'm not sh*t*i*g on the rav-4 it is just an example :P )

I'm going to drive about 4000 miles and of course I want a premium car for that trip...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
I'm considering renting from Sixt in LAS however I need to be sure I get a all-wheel drive SUV. What category do I need to book?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
I had the same problem before a recent trip to Las Vegas, had to have AWD. Asked Sixt and they couldn't promise anything. So I made a XFAR reservation, this was before they split that category, so I was expecting a Volvo XC90, Mercedes GLS, Cadillac Escalade or similar which I sort of expected would have AWD. I got an XC90 which had AWD, couldn't see many SUVs in the parking lot up front where my car was. I asked for a Range Rover but my rental was one way so they couldn't give that one to me, didn't even ask what the extra fee would have been I was happy with the Volvo.
They have now split XFAR into XFAR (Land Rover Range Rover Velar Volvo XC90 or similar) and XFAZ (Mercedes-Benz GLS Cadillac Escalade or similar). I think as long as you go for a premium SUV group you should be fine, but I don't want to promise anything :/
https://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
Thanks, this helps!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:46 pm

So, do they have only VolvoXC90 there? We plan a trip in June,, looking forward to take the Rover Velar. Any ideas if they have one there?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
Vegas Sixt recently got some new Range Rovers. Saw a delivery truck unloading 6 of them.
What kind of type? velar, oder sport?
Old May 24, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Any more news on the range rover velar situation?

I've made a 44 day reservation for XFAR: Range Rover Velar, BMW X5 or Volvo XC90.

I'd be majorly irritated to get an XC90 instead of a Velar to be honest, and given the option of that or a Mercedes E class sedan, I'd probably have gone with the cheaper Mercedes.

First time with Sixt, so not sure how often they give the headline vehicle vs the 'or similar'
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:36 pm

I just made a reservation at LAS for an FVAR which SIXT says is a Chevy Express or similar. Does anyone know what vehicle is seen at LAS in the FVAR category?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:08 am

well to answer my own question, I'm in a volvo... not amused.

Also, not sure its because im first time with them, but it took AGES to do the rental, like 45 mins easily.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:15 am

I keep running across posts that make me not want to rent from Sixt. I see a lot of reports of Sixt reporting damage when the vehicle is returned. There are several pictures of long lines at LAS on Yelp.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

cant say im that impressed with sixt. Not that it will affect a lot of people, but they have issues with rentals over 28 days. Emailing paperwork for signing etc. On top of that my tags have expired, so the gated community im in now wont let me in until I change the car... just a hassle, having to cross over to the airport and get it all sorted....

Would have been nice if they'd noticed that when giving me the car in the first place.

EDIT: and finally, Sixt are unable to process an extension for longer then 5 days. Have extended 8 days, so I need to go back to the office, for a new contract, again. On top of that the number that SIXT usa put you through to for LAS results in a fax line. The number for Sixt las vegas from google also results in a fax line. So I had to wait for them to contact me....

NEVER AGAIN

Last edited by aceman; Jul 18, 2019 at 1:24 pm
Old Nov 13, 2019, 11:09 pm

Booked a one way LAS to LAX SUV for a week over the holiday period. Sixt Platinum (but through a cc, not actual rentals). Would you guys say I am more likely or less likely (than normal) to get an upgrade? It's not a huge deal, but I'm currently on a refundable rate with Sixt hoping for a shot at a luxury upgrade whereas I could save about $70 off the week if I do a prepaid with Avis. I also have Preferred Plus with Avis (again via cc) but their potential upgrades suck in comparison to what I might get with Sixt.

If the general consensus is that my upgrade chances aren't going to be too great with Sixt, I'll probably wait to see if there's a good Black Friday deal with Avis or switch to their best other offer if not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.