Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Didn't see any of those on the lot when I was there in May. Actually, almost no SFAR in sight from my recollection. PFAR a few mostly Mercedes GLA (not a great ride in my book) and Volvo XC60 (pretty good).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:04 am

Thanks for the answer.

We have our vacation in september. Comin from Germany, so if there are no "american cars" it would be not interesting for us to rent a car by sixt.

Maybe a sixt worker will be reply here.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Really? Interesting, tastes differ. I would do my outmost not to get one of those American cars.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:36 am

haha because what you may have is not interesting for you

I have a MB c class coupe 2014 so MB isn't interesting for me.

Alternative we will rent a cabrio or smth like that.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:31 am

You asked me a question on Hertz vs. Sixt and it really depends. All things equal (rate, insurance, additional driver, toll fee, etc.) it really comes down to cars. Hertz has a much bigger fleet of largely uninspiring cars, but loads of US models if that is your thing for the trip. Definitely,plenty of US SUV models though some of them I would consider utter rubbish (Jeep Compass springs to mind). For Sixt, the car and make is often European at the upper end which will cost a lot more at Hertz (Prestige Collection) if even available.

So inn the end it comes down to car preference and where you want to rent / return. Hertz presence is larger compared to Sixt and often Sixt stations are off airport and not so convenient to reach (PHX is an exception).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Is the deposit for LFAR and LCAR up to 3 times the rental cost or is it more fore these models?
Had a previous experience where they wanted to charge me way more than that...
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by netlord
Is the deposit for LFAR and LCAR up to 3 times the rental cost or is it more fore these models?
Had a previous experience where they wanted to charge me way more than that...
I do not think it is the rental cost. When I rented an XCAR, my deposit was $1999, but the cost of the rental for 1 week was about $250 taxes included.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kxc262
I do not think it is the rental cost. When I rented an XCAR, my deposit was $1999, but the cost of the rental for 1 week was about $250 taxes included.

According to sixt customer service For XCAR,XFAR,XTAR rentals the minimum deposit is 400.00 USD or the rental amount plus 15%. This is also determined by whichever amount is greater.
All other X categories have a deposit of 2,500.00 USD...

Can anyone tell me what cars are usually being given at this station for LFAR and LSAR?

Thanks!!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by netlord
According to sixt customer service For XCAR,XFAR,XTAR rentals the minimum deposit is 400.00 USD or the rental amount plus 15%. This is also determined by whichever amount is greater.
All other X categories have a deposit of 2,500.00 USD...

Can anyone tell me what cars are usually being given at this station for LFAR and LSAR?

Thanks!!
You can check all the past threads as there are many others who have also noted the high deposit amounts on X-class rentals. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for $2k.

LFAR - probably SRX or X3
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Hi guys,

looking at renting from Sixt for the first time in vegas. 2 questions. firstly the mechanics of it, I arrive at the rental depot by coach, then do I have to use a courtesy phone from there to get sixt, or do they also just leave whenever?

Secondly, the only reason I'm considering them is because of some decent prices on european cars. Looking at the Merc C class, or the BMW 5 series. However its their "or similar" part that has me concerned. I basically do not want a Cadillac or a volvo, because I don't think they are in any way the equivalent. I note from above that they tend to have more european metal then hertz, so how are my chances?

Are these cars allocated, or just 'pick from the section'

I should be platinum by then.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 11:36 pm

My take. Firstly what you get varies and is highly dependent on what is available and how long you rent (the longer, the trickier) plus where you return. Returning again in LAS increases your "choices. / selection" vs. taking a car one-way to a station like SFO or so.

For what it is worth, I only saw 1-2 C-Class when I was there in May and no 5-series at all. There were a handful of 3-series in very basic trims and maybe an A4 or two. I went there to change out a car and all I can say is that it is worth having a look at the Volvo S80 before dismissing it (I'm with you on the Cadillac though). I had a S80 from PHX and it is 5series size and was in Platinum package trim and fully loaded. Navi, special stereo, lane assist and blind spot warning, special comfort seats, all leather, gunmetal alloys, etc. It was a great drive until the crap on US highways damaged a tire and the car had to be switched as repair was a few days due to the special Pirelli tire that had to be ordered.

In Vegas, the options were limited on LFMR and none of the 3-series BMWs were okay to be taken to SFO as they were out of mileage or time was up and they were to go back to the dealer. With some luck and chatting with one of the Swiss staff setting up station they dug up another S80 as I wasn't keen on the Caddy.

I could have taken an A6 (basic trim, no navi for example) for some 25-30$ extra charge a day, but there wasn't that much selection otherwise of available cars even though the lot was full as they got loads of reservations. They do good business with German tourists as Sixt in Germany is probably the best car rental firm and strong in the market.

Ohh and I'm Platinum too, but no one ever recognized it and it meant nothing to anyone, sorry. Diamond maybe, but Platinum nada.

Last edited by demue; Aug 6, 2016 at 11:44 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:39 am

Have a rental at LAS Nov 13-20. Have booked an XCar for this duration for around $380, but it appears I probably will not get a 5 series at all. What am I likely to get, and is it worth it?

Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:41 pm

Vegas Sixt recently got some new Range Rovers. Saw a delivery truck unloading 6 of them.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:23 am

They would be under an SUV category though wouldn't they?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by MountainM
Have a rental at LAS Nov 13-20. Have booked an XCar for this duration for around $380, but it appears I probably will not get a 5 series at all. What am I likely to get, and is it worth it?

Thanks!
Hmm, a friend recently rented there in your class and got an A6 IIRC. They offered Cadillac XTS, but he said no. There were no 5 series from what he told me, but 2 or so odd E-Class that were "reserved for other customers" whatever that means as you can't guarantee a specific car within a category.

He is also Sixt Platinum and it meant "zilsch", "nada", "nothing".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.