Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT... Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I was at LAS to pick up my car earlier this week.

In contrast to what the agent said on the phone the branch is not being remodeled - this is inline with what randix saw.
I walked over from the Rent-a-car center and immediately noticed the disappointing array of beaten up US and Japanese cars. The highlights so to speak were a VW Jetta and three Volvo S60s.

The station manager handled my check-in and assigned a Volvo S60 for my FCAR reservation (I have Diamond status).

I asked about the lack of premium cars, BMWs, Audis and even the Chrysler 300 that was apparently reserved for me the day before.
"They pulled all the cars a week ago" was his response. The branch isn't up for a remodel but based on his (uneducated) guess both LAS and SFO were franchise locations and have been acquired by Sixt and will be turned into corporate locations.

I went to the Volvo assigned to me only to be greeted by another couple trying to fit their luggage into another S60 - they reserved a 5 series BMW. The third S60 was already of of service due to low tire pressure.

Within a couple of minutes I noticed chips in the windshield (not on the receipt), a cracked shifter knob, a filthy interior, 29000 mls rather than 28300 mls on the car and the wear and tear one would expect of a rental car at that age.

With no other options I agreed to take the car but asked staff to let me know if any other car was being returned. At the same time a Sixt truck left with eight BMWs on the trailer - I took a picture as proof.

I told the station manager that I'll bring this up with Sixt. I called the day before to upgrade my car to something bigger for cash and the agent reassured me that there'll be good cars but he could not change my reservation for whatever reason.

In the end I called the +1 877 Sixt number and the agent immediately escalated the issue to a supervisor who 'found' a BMW X5 for me. I swapped the car the same day and it was a great ride.
I've moved SFO reservations to Avis but will keep my MIA reservations.

The LAS station manager was clueless - he told me that premium customers could not be served for weeks. I suggested he would bring this up with corporate and solve it but nothing happened. It's clear that his employees were clueless about the situation as well. When I returned my car six New Beetle convertibles made it to the lot and the staff member I asked about them didn't know why they even had them.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Had reserved a Mercedes CLA at LAS on Oct. 15, but upon arrival was told that I would be given a Dodge Charger instead, at the same rate because Sixt considers them the same class car. Tried to convince the agent that those two vehicles are in no way the same class, but he would have none of it, so I walked across the street and rented from Alamo.

I thought this was basic bait-and-switch, but this thread offers new insights as to what is happening at the branch.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
I'm a platinum, and have a reservation since august for an LFAR class car (GLK, X4...) for the 1st of January.
I've contacted sixt and said my reservation will be served, no changes possible at this time. I just hope when I get there, I get the class I booked, and I'm not going to be stranded without other options...
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:05 am

I hope sixt customer service reading all of this and sort it out. The only reason we want to use sixt for car rental is because of the European cars.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
This is RUMOR ONLY now, but I did hear from some one I consider reliable they are closing.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
This is RUMOR ONLY now, but I did hear from some one I consider reliable they are closing.
I hope it doesn't happen.
It wouldn't be nice to get there and have no other options.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 3:42 am

They have a "now hiring" sign up and are advertising car availability in the consolidated facility across the street.

I'm frankly peeved. Nobody is being transparent, the app and website outright lie about the presence of Sixt in LAS and instead of something similar to what I drive at home, I'm spending more for a Ford C-Max with a competitor I'm not crazy about and I'm not making progress towards earned Platinum status at Sixt.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Maybe...

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
They have a "now hiring" sign up and are advertising car availability in the consolidated facility across the street.

I'm frankly peeved. Nobody is being transparent, the app and website outright lie about the presence of Sixt in LAS and instead of something similar to what I drive at home, I'm spending more for a Ford C-Max with a competitor I'm not crazy about and I'm not making progress towards earned Platinum status at Sixt.
...they've spent the past month attacking their major issues at their LAS location:

1. Employees were all teenagers, or at least under the age of 25, and were always seen with clipboard in hand, they are being replaced with hardened rental car type males, over the age of 38, who have had a refresher course in the art of the upsell to premium customers;

2. The free water and soda dispensers in the waiting area, are being replaced with draft Colt 45 and Costco wine products, available for purchase; free, however, if you show a Sixt rental agreement with a premium vehicle that seats 8;

3. The soft couches that gave the waiting area the look of an automobile repair waiting room, are being replaced with (a) a separate concession stand, like the one in the main rental car center, that sells bottled water at $5.50 each; (b) slot machines; and (c) a Sixt t-shirt and coffee cup booth, just in case you didn't get enough momento's during your visit--all of which should raise Sixt's net revenues

4. The closet that served as the place to go to check-in your return vehicle, is being replaced with a large umbrella stand on their sidewalk

5. And finally, they have worked out an arrangement with the gas station next door, to provide all Sixt renters with an easy place to fill up before their return, at the flat rate of $4.99/gallon, but you'll earn 1 Sixt point for every gallon purchased (unless you use a credit card, in which case you get a free Colt 45 per fill-up).

I am hearing from a reliable source, that the person who painted the outside and inside of Sixt's LAS location, has just been hired to re-paint the Howard Johnson's on Tropicana, so we should look for some bright colors that will make it stand out from America's Best Value Inn on the left, and Hooters on the right...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

LAS Sixt Activity...

about 20m ago... see attached...

Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by randix
about 20m ago... see attached...

I cannot see the attachment Randix.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Link to pik

Originally Posted by netlord
I cannot see the attachment Randix.
Sorry, try this direct link...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xl...Kd6_6oVEZMyHDg
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:37 am

Still can't see it. Please set permissions to public.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

My last attempt...

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Still can't see it. Please set permissions to public.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xly...ew?usp=sharing

The pik shows LAS Sixt as I drove by yesterday. Point of the photo, at 2p or so in the afternoon, it showed zero activity, except for 1 car and the Sixt van, nothing in front (where all the pickup/dropoff activity is), no living souls visible.

Apologize for the earlier (apparently) bad photo link.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:29 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xly...ew?usp=sharing

The pik shows LAS Sixt as I drove by yesterday. Point of the photo, at 2p or so in the afternoon, it showed zero activity, except for 1 car and the Sixt van, nothing in front (where all the pickup/dropoff activity is), no living souls visible.

Apologize for the earlier (apparently) bad photo link.
Thanks randix, if there is no "movement" from here until the end of december I'm definitely cancelling my reservation with them.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SW, Hilton, Hertz, Dollar, National (new Fav)
Passed the office last Sat night (7th) and had a few cars, mostly typical domestic and import cars, nothing of the Germany luxury cars that Sixt is known for.

Saw a customer at the counter and there is definitely no remodeling going on as many have mentioned, the office is nearly new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.