Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic Rental in Austria

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Automatic Rental in Austria

Are there any codes or booking deals to get an automatic rental?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:07 am

There are just a couple of high end cars with automatic in Sixt Austria like the BMW X5 SUV (XFAR). On the website you can select "Automatic preference" in the extras section but it is not guaranteed.

I would call the station where you plan to rent the car and ask them which cars they have with automatic and how to get a reservation for exactly that car.

Alternatively look at Hertz, Avis and Europcar.

At Hertz you can select a automatic car directly at the booking at lower prices in group IDAR, e.g. in Vienna the Mercedes A-class, at Europcar you can get a confirmed automatic in the Mercedes C-Class group and at Avis in H (Mercedes C-Class), I (Mercedes E-Class), and J (Mercedes GLK-Class).

Anyway, automatics in most of Europe come at a premium price with very limited availability.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:47 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi Jeffsui,

At Sixt, our vehicle categories have 4 letter codes that you can see when booking online e.g. ILMR.

If the 3rd letter in the sequence is an A, then you have booked an automatic vehicle, and if the 3rd letter is an M, then the vehicle will be manual.

If you need any assistance at all when making your reservation, or would like to request a particular vehicle, please feel free to send me a private message. While we can't guarantee a specific make and model, we will be happy to do all we can to ensure you get the vehicle best suited to your requirements for your rental in Austria.

Many thanks,
Jess.

Originally Posted by jeffsui
Are there any codes or booking deals to get an automatic rental?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.