Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt UK, Boot carpet cleaning fee? help from forums members!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt UK, Boot carpet cleaning fee? help from forums members!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Angry Sixt UK, Boot carpet cleaning fee? help from forums members!

mmmmmm

Last edited by JungBum Kim; May 14, 2016 at 6:33 am
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It sounds like a scam. Escalate to the manager at the branch, and then to Sixt corporate. If that doesn't work, consider challenging the charge as unauthorized with your credit card.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

I called the branch to speak to the manager, but he was out of office. But the lady I spoke to was terrible customer service experience as she kept repeating the same words "we had to clean the car for other customer and there is nothing we can do" whatever I said. I thought I was speaking to automated response ARS.

Even after she repeated that stupid phrase three times, she started to giggle which made me really upset. Maybe something funny was happening in the office, yeah could be, but I felt that was to me. A very rude type of attitude to speak to other people on the phone, even when they are complaining.

I have rented several times with Sixt this year and got gold membership, and have another pre-paid booking soon, but am looking for a way to cancel the booking.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:51 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

I wold like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your reservation number?

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by JungBum Kim
Hi, yes I am kind of new to this forum, although I have checked this website since 2010 for other travel information.

I rented a car from Sixt and returned it this morning with greeting chat with the staff, and happily signed up the end of contract and left. But I was surprised on the way back to home after I looked at the invoice email.

Sixt charged me £60 for cleaning. I immediately contacted the branch and the problem was some hair on the boot carpet. They insisted that it is animal's hair and they do not have equipment to clean the car. And they do not allow pets in the car.

However, the story on my side is that I knew there were some hair (I can ensure you that the boot was not really messed up. Just few hair like you can find in your shower booth or bath tub).

They are not animal's as they argued (I don't have any animal). I moved my nasty old sheepskin carpet, so some dusts and hair could be dropped on the boot carpet. I strongly believe the carpet can be cleaned up with a cheap primark roller or vaccum cleaner. I am not the person who abuses rental cars with food, dumps or wastes, but if we think of the purpose of the boot, it is simply to carry any items on the car. The sheepskin.

I would like to ask opinions from you:

1. Do you think £60 cleaning charge for the boot carpet is understandable and acceptable if other parts are tidy clean?

2. I belive it is their job to inspect all parts of vehicle on the return, before I sign up the end of the contract. Are they allowed to charge me for any other costs (except excess fee for any damage on the car)?

3. It is just my personal curiosity, but is it true that pets are not allowed to carry with sixt cars? I think I received a promotional letter saying that "sixt cars-travelling with pets" something like this.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
There is so much crap in Sixt's reponse here - 'We don't have the equipment to do the job" BS. Assume they have a hoover? If not they should take it to the local garage and use theirs. It costs about a quid. And how do they justify 60.00 to hoover out the boot of a car? I always get the car hire company to check the car and give me a FINAL invoice before I leave. That way, I feel justified if I ever have need to question and scamming charges they try to put on when I've left.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All too often, complaints on this board are met by a company representative asking for a PM who then fixes the immediate problem. That is an easy and cheap way for a company to then get a positive statement about how pleasant it was to have the problem resolved. At the same time, there are likely hundreds, if not thousands, of others who got defrauded and did not complain.

No matter what Sixt does for OP in this situation, there are too many similar complaints. OP does not give a country or location either for his residence or the rental. I would recommend that no matter what Sixt does, he file a complaint with the relevant consumer agency in both places.

Someone should take a broader based look at this company's practices.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Agree. Assume he/she is in the UK due to reference to 60 pounds charge but yes, Sixt do seem to get a lot of negative publicity on this site. I've only used them once and found them to be OK (though rather expensive).
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
There is so much crap in Sixt's reponse here - 'We don't have the equipment to do the job" BS. Assume they have a hoover? If not they should take it to the local garage and use theirs. It costs about a quid. And how do they justify 60.00 to hoover out the boot of a car? I always get the car hire company to check the car and give me a FINAL invoice before I leave. That way, I feel justified if I ever have need to question and scamming charges they try to put on when I've left.
You work for free?

I _absolutely_ understand a charge of this amount IF the car indeed would have been returned dirty, which according to the OP, wasn't the case.

Dirty car = cleaning fee ^
Normal usage/not dirty = cleaning fee
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Well I mentioned sixt UK on the title, so yeah I live in london, UK
Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Vacuuming comes under the heading of normal between rental cleaning.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: 2012
HI,
what might be cost of boot cover cleaning anyone have that tell there it would be huge help for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.