Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt - whats with the deceptive advertising?

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres

So the other day Sixt - ATL posted on its facebook page a pic of an BMW i8 with the caption:

'Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport rolls out the orange carpet #BMWi8 #i8 #Atlanta'.

Now like anyone with any sense i figured that this meant that Sixt at the Atlanta airport now rented the BMW i8 (ATL page, ATL in the caption). So i commented on the photo asking what group the i8 is in so I could try to rent one next month when im there. Today they replied back:

'Sixt rent a car Atlanta Airport Hi Collin, Thank you for contcating Sixt! The I8 is available exclusively in Miami Downtown and Miami Beach. Unfortunately the Atlanta Airport Branch does not have this vehicle available anymore. Have a wonderful day! -Ruhama-'

....Excuse me? Why are you posting photos of a car from the Atlanta airport account, using Atlanta hastags, if the car is only in Miami?

Last edited by xolinlevh; Apr 28, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Maybe it was one-way into Florida?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:47 pm

Is this really that big of a deal? It may have been misleading and I understand you'd be disappointed if you wanted to rent one, but you inquired about it and were informed that it wasn't available. The harm was you losing a few minutes of your time.
Old May 2, 2015, 7:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

I suggest not renting an i8 from Sixt Atlanta due to deceptive advertising.
Old May 2, 2015, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by kxc262
Maybe it was one-way into Florida?
I dont know for sure but id imagine if a location such as ATL 'owned' a exotic like the i8, even if someone did a one way, it would be quickly returned to its home location.

Originally Posted by rbjbjr
Is this really that big of a deal? It may have been misleading and I understand you'd be disappointed if you wanted to rent one, but you inquired about it and were informed that it wasn't available. The harm was you losing a few minutes of your time.
To me it is. Why boast about having a model if you dont actually rent it?
Old May 3, 2015, 1:59 pm

The Atlanta location also does not have the Audi A8. Unless your a VP of Sixt. I've seen them personally clean a brand new one for a VP that was coming in town.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.