Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Germany - what happens if booked class not available?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Have a rental in Germany next week. I have prepaid and selected exactly the class that is most suitable for my needs. I have been reading online of occasions where upsell attempts are made if the booked class isn't available, with the outcome being you either pay to upgrade or receive a 'credit' and take a lower class. If I wanted to pay less money for a smaller car I'd have done so in the first place

I'd like to make sure I am fully appraised of the policy in-case this becomes an issue, especially in a country where I do not speak the language brilliantly.

So bottom line - in Germany, if my booked class is not available, am I entitled to a no-cost upgrade into the next available class?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
That would be the normal policy, what Sixt station are you hiring from?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:15 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Hi Foxtbh,

Generally we will always try our best to provide you with a vehicle within the group you booked. If the booked vehicle is not available we may offer alternative vehicles, usually above but occasionally below the group reserved and in some cases we may even include an option to upsell to an even higher group if this is more suitable for you.

Please can you send me your reservation number in a private message and I will be happy to check in with the branch on your behalf. I'll do what I can to help you receive your preferred vehicle.

Best regards,
Gary
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:36 am

You usually get a car from a higher class.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Online reports are bias considering no one complaints about all the times the renter got a higher class without charge when booked class is not avail.

My buddy once booked at CPMR at FRA and was offered a M5 without charge due to lack of cars!

I've personally jumped from a CPMR to a E-class due to no availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.