Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:58 pm

Update:

Pre-paid for an XCAR, had it for 4 days (total was 189, no insurance). Car had Navi, Lane-Departure, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, sunroof, self-park for parallel spaces (didn't use it though). Pretty much loaded, can't think of anything else it could've had.

Drives really well especially on the highway, the auto start/stop is annoying to me, but it can be turned off. Trunk is a bit small. Also, the infotainment system isnt good. Voice recognition is subpar.

​​​​​others have mentioned the CC hold is 2500, mine was only $1k. Not sure if that's because I pre-paid or what, but that's just my experience.

Didn't have to wait long for the car, maybe 10 minutes after checking in. Overall no real complaints.

Let me know if you have questions.

​​
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by toumei64
I reserved an XCAR with Sixt a few days ago at ATL from 2/22 20:00 to 2/25 20:00. At 19:30, the car selection in the app only showed an option of some gigantic 15-seater van, so I assume nothing was available at that time. When I arrived around 21:30 after my delayed flight, the only XCAR they had was a 2017 Cadillac CTS with about 2,500 miles on it. It was the relatively loaded premium/luxury/whatever version, but I hate driving Cadillacs so much--they're such awful vehicles. They're a comfortable ride and the engine runs well, but they handle like The Titanic and most of the high-tech safety features barely work or go off randomly (lane keeping assist, forward/rear/side collision warning, etc.).

Their rental area is very small and not well-kept, and they have a very small selection overall. When I picked up the car, they had maybe 3-5 other vehicles, including a Volvo XC60, a Mercedes C300, and some weird small Toyota sedan that I didn't recognize.

I called the next day hoping someone had returned a Mercedes E300 or a Volvo S90. They said that all they had were the Cadillac CTS but they were expecting an E300 later that evening and an S90 late that night. I called back around 22:00, when they said they were expecting the S90, and could not get an answer. I called about 6 times from 21:30 to 23:00 and no one ever answered the phone.
I tried again the following morning around 06:45, and had to call 3-4 times until I finally got an answer around 07:30. The rep told me that the S90 had not been returned and that they had nothing else. So, I gave up.

Next time, I'm going to make a back-up reservation for the National ES so I can at least get something I don't mind driving. I went into this knowing that Sixt is not necessarily known for customer service, but I wish they would stop wasting money on Cadillac. Ugh.
I agree with you on this. I don't think a Cadillac belongs in the same category as a BMW/MB/Audi/Lexus/Volvo, etc. They just simply don't drive very well. Heck I prefer how my Lexus GX handles more than any of the Cadillac sedans I've driven.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last week I rented a PCAR for 3 days at SX in ATL instead of the usual Hertz (which treats me well as PC). Reading the comments here I was getting second thoughts, but the fear was rather unfounded. I even dug out my platinum card to show. The counter was relatively empty and the nice agent doing my checkin commented that it was just before the afternoon wave, so I was lucky. Instead of a compact premium car (Audi A3 etc) I got a fully equipped Volvo V60 with 4000ish miles and no damages. The rate I had got via LH M&M included full insurance (all incl at <50$/day) and I asked for the fuel option upfront, so no sales pitch for add ons, no hard sell for upgrades either.

In Germany agents usually print out the slip for a less desirable brand of car first to provocatively ask 'Is a kia/opel/ SsangYong OK for you today?' and then proceed to upcharge you . At the parking lot they had one customer waiting for his car, who was being consoled by the agent in the booth: 'the car will be here in a moment, sir'

After driving 533 miles I nearly emptied the tank out, had I not chickened out about 70 miles before ATL and taken 5$ worth of gas.

Overall 4:-: for this location, mainly for the easy access in the main rental facility, the nice upgrade, the decent brand and the short waiting time.

PS: I found out in Germany that SX asociated your status to the credit cards you have in your profile, so if the CC you used to book the car is not in your sixt plat profile, they system doesn't show you as plat to the agent and is also ignored in the daily game plan made by the station supervior at the start of their shift.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:13 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
...the speed of service was incredibly slow. From the time I walked off the ATL Skytrain, it took about 40 minutes to get the car. Had to wait in line at the main counter, and then in line again at the booth inside the garage to actually get the car. Fortunately it was parked in the first row so there was no need to wait for someone to bring the car in. The renters in front of me were not so lucky - they were waiting for someone to pull in an SUV.

No way would I pay a premium for Sixt in ATL. They need an expedited rental program - it's ridiculous for a business traveler to wait in line so long. Even Alamo is much quicker with their kiosks.
Does ATL have a separate line yet for Platinums or can we just go directly to the car area (or neither)? I tried to check by calling the local number that refuses to let me reach someone locally...
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LGA
Does ATL have a separate line yet for Platinums or can we just go directly to the car area (or neither)? I tried to check by calling the local number that refuses to let me reach someone locally...
You go directly to the car lot and select a vehicle. Then get "checked" out at the gate. Depends on how many gates are open, if there will be a line of vehicles checking out at the same time.

Also, if you don't see a particular vehicle you can request it. If they have it they will bring it around.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:54 am

We pre-paid for our LCAR (got a BWM 328i from California), with a child seat (Group 0/1).

The employee brought us a booster seat (Group 2/3) rated for 40+ pounds, we told him it was the wrong seat and would be illegal to put our child in. He then brings back a baby seat (Group 0+) which our child won't even fit in and said thats all they had and he couldn't conjure up the child seat we rented and argued with us instead of going to figure out a solution for a child seat we were guaranteed. Eventually we told him we were going go get a refund since we legally couldn't drive off without our 2 year old being in a car seat. He comes back a few minutes later with the exact seat we rented. This was extremely stressful on us, and unprofessional.

There was also ALOT of unrecorded damage to the car and we were afraid we would get charged for on return.

Besides that, the car was great, the return was very quick and easy and didn't get charged anything extra.

I will probably give them one more chance.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:29 am

Anyone know if ATL has the new EClass coupe or the older eclass saloons?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:34 pm

I know there are a number W213 E sedans in fleets, I suspect Sixt has them there. All basic E300. New E coupe is quite new and I don't think the old one made it to fleets in the US, I doubt it will be there.
Ken Slade likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:32 pm

Deleted post - Found my answer - Geo restrictions still apply
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:53 pm

Hey all.

Have booked XFAR from ATL for a week when visiting for a friends wedding which I can't wait for!
The site states Merc GLS or similar. Whats your experience of XFAR at this location?

Also it said 7 seats when I booked through my work portal but notice it only says 5 seats on the main site??

Finally after reviewing terms 2 queries Sixt experts might be able to help with;
1) Can I take it across state lines for a road trip to SC,
2) I notice license validity states 12months
Anyone know how strict this is, (or if checked at ATL) as mine is valid only until end July '18 and we're hiring end of next month.

Thanks all!
K
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental OnePass, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Ken Slade
Hey all.

Have booked XFAR from ATL for a week when visiting for a friends wedding which I can't wait for!
The site states Merc GLS or similar. Whats your experience of XFAR at this location?

Also it said 7 seats when I booked through my work portal but notice it only says 5 seats on the main site??

Finally after reviewing terms 2 queries Sixt experts might be able to help with;
1) Can I take it across state lines for a road trip to SC,
2) I notice license validity states 12months
Anyone know how strict this is, (or if checked at ATL) as mine is valid only until end July '18 and we're hiring end of next month.

Thanks all!
K
Hi Ken,

I have a prepaid reseravtion for an XFAR coming up this weekend at ATL? What car did you end up with and did you have to wait ages like most people report?

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Any newer experiences with Sixt ATL? I've booked XFAR as a Platinum member, what is a realistic to expect?

Thx
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
I was on an XCAR booking last year in September for an 18 days rental. Got assigned a Volvo S90 T5 with a flat tire. Mentioned this to the Sixt people and was bumped into a 3 row XC90 T6. I was happy with the move.

They tried to upsell me on some kind of toll-pass, which I repeatedly had to decline. If I wanted, for a price, I could upgrade to a GLS, a GLC or an X3 (this was before the flat tire put me into the XC90 free of charge).

To note: I do not and did not have any status to speak of. I'm not sure being platinum will get you upgraded beyond XFAR, though I guess it depends on the person you meet at the counter.

The guy driving the shuttle to the rental facility was a hoot, and the line at the counter was ok (or maybe non-existant). Drop-off was eventless.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
thank you!
being on XCAR and having to pay for an "upgrade" to an X3? that's... well... bold.

but after reading this thread expectations are pretty low anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.