Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Issue with Sixt in Wiesbaden, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

*EDIT* Issue resolved through Jess of Sixt here on the forum

I had a huge rant about the service I experience at the Wiesbaden location. I reached out to Jess via PM and she helped clear things up so no rant post is needed.

Here are the cliff notes: I was charged double the rate of what my reservation confirmation stated and told this was a standard charge. The car I reserved was not there and I was offered a vehicle 2 classes below the one I requested. I became irate because I specifically needed a large vehicle and was upgraded to a higher class. The "upgraded" car was very dirty and smelled horribly of smoke. No damage inspection was done before they gave me the car (even though I requested a walk around with the employee).

I PM'ed Jess and was informed that the double charge was basically liability and I would get half of it back (the original price I was quoted). She even offered to refund a portion of the rental price due to the poor condition of the vehicle. I declined this because it was just a misunderstantment due to the employees at the Wiesbaden location, plus they upgraded me 2 classes due to not having the vehicle I requested. I can deal with the smell of smoke if it's in a luxury car

Moral of the story: Send a message to one of the Sixt reps here on the forum and they will take care of you.

Last edited by CFord107; Oct 1, 2014 at 8:23 am Reason: issue fixed
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The charge to your card was a security authorisation, the final amount is charged and billed to your account when you return the car and the rental agreement is closed/finalised.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The charge to your card was a security authorisation, the final amount is charged and billed to your account when you return the car and the rental agreement is closed/finalised.
That is what Jess informed me of. This was my first time using Sixt and the other companies I used never charged a security authorization. Had the employee explained this when I asked, there would have been a lot of frustration saved. Thank you for the response Oliver2002.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.