Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike - What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AF strike - What should I do?

Last leg of our trip, CDG-BOD, AF7622 on Sun Sept 21, is likely to get cancelled. Was cancelled Mon and Tuesday.

So I bought a train ticket, which we can cancel on that day with a minimal penalty. But then the question is about rental car. In the (unlikely?) event that the flight actually is not cancelled, we'll arrive at BOD airport at 11:35 am. however if taking the train, we arrive at the Bordeaux train station at 14:37.

I booked a car with Sixt at the train station. But what if we end up flying? I could make alternate reservations, but I prefer Sixt, mainly because odds are we'll get a BMW. Prices are all within EUR 10. But with Avis or Hertz we'll likely end up with a Volvo, perhaps a Mercedes.

I could also make an alternate reservation with Sixt at the airport, but is that kosher?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:29 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Stranger,

Have you already prepaid for your vehicle rental or is it a pay on arrival reservation?

If you want to make a pay on arrival booking for the Airport, and still keep the booking for the train station, then we will be happy to just cancel whichever one that you do not take on the day. We'd like to help you cover all of your options in this case.

If you just either give us a call, or send me a message with the reservation number that you don't end up picking up, then I'll be happy to cancel it for you. Even if it's prepaid, as long as you pick one of them up, there won't be any cancellation fees.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks, Jess.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Stranger,

Have you already prepaid for your vehicle rental or is it a pay on arrival reservation?

If you want to make a pay on arrival booking for the Airport, and still keep the booking for the train station, then we will be happy to just cancel whichever one that you do not take on the day. We'd like to help you cover all of your options in this case.

If you just either give us a call, or send me a message with the reservation number that you don't end up picking up, then I'll be happy to cancel it for you. Even if it's prepaid, as long as you pick one of them up, there won't be any cancellation fees.
Thanks. I made a second reservation. both are "pay on arrival." When I figure out which way I'll be going I'll cancel one. Worst case scenario, i'll send you a message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.