Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Question about a potential future rental overseas

Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Hello, I plan on renting from Sofia, Bulgaria for 7 days and driving to Greece and back. Would taking the car out of Bulgaria add on the cost?
I have an EU and US citizenship and a US driving licence. All of my credit cards that I have rental coverages are from the US.
Would any of the above be concerns as far as pricing or whatever I see on the internet should be the final one?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:34 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi mmamminna,

I can confirm that, from Bulgaria, cross Border Rentals are with charge and on request only, and you are advised to contact the local branch directly.

Cross Border Rentals are only permitted into following countries: Greece, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro.
A foreign use charge of EUR 72.- (Greece, Romania) / EUR 96.- (Serbia, Montenegro) per rental applies.

Please check with Bulgarian headquarter 1 week prior pick-up date. You may call them on +359 2 945 9276 or alternatively email them at [email protected].

I hope this solves your query. If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the valuable information. Much appreciated the quick response as well.

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi mmamminna,

I can confirm that, from Bulgaria, cross Border Rentals are with charge and on request only, and you are advised to contact the local branch directly.

Cross Border Rentals are only permitted into following countries: Greece, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro.
A foreign use charge of EUR 72.- (Greece, Romania) / EUR 96.- (Serbia, Montenegro) per rental applies.

Please check with Bulgarian headquarter 1 week prior pick-up date. You may call them on +359 2 945 9276 or alternatively email them at [email protected].

I hope this solves your query. If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.