Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Long ongoing problem with partner points not posting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Has anyone had a problem with their partner points from Sixt not posting, specifically Starwood (SPG)?

I have had private message and e-mail exchanges with 3 Sixt reps from this forum starting in August 2012. All 3 of them assured me that the problem had been solved and my points would post to my SPG account. However, I have not had any points post for my last 7 Sixt rentals between Dec. 2012 - March 2014.

I mainly rent from the ZRH station and always show my SPG card to the agents there because they don't see my SPG number in their records. The agents always enter the number manually and assure me that it is now in my file. Still no points post.

I was told by one of the forum reps here that I should contact Starwood to find out if there is a problem on their end, which I did. Starwood told me that Sixt had never sent the points over to them. On one of my calls to Starwood, they decided to hold a conference call between them, me and a Sixt rep. At the conclusion of the call, the Sixt rep said that he would send a request for the missing points, which still have not shown up 7 months after he made the request.

I have a Sixt rental coming up this week at ZRH and would like to get this resolved.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Never had problems with SPG points crediting.

When you make a reservation, be sure you enter the letter (P - SPG Platinum, G - Gold etc) before the SPG numbers. I don't think the letter actually matters but Sixt website will not take it without the letter first. If you have a rental where SPG number was not entered, you can put it in after the fact on Sixt website (bonus check).

Also noticed that no SPG points if renting on corporate rate.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Well, you're lucky that you haven't had a problem. I shouldn't be having this problem, especially after 3 forum reps here and 7 ZRH counter agents told me that they took care of it.

I don't do corporate rentals.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:33 am
Original Poster

It happened again last week at ZRH. Counter rep told me my SPG number wasn't in my rental profile and had to manually enter it. I told her this happens to me with every rental and she said that it should be fixed now.

Also, find it curious that the Sixt Forum reps have only been participating sporadically lately.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 4:01 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi FLYMSY,

Please accept my apologies for having missed your post.

I have replied to your private message, and will investigate this issue as a matter of priority as soon as I have the necessary information.

In the meantime, if you require anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
It happened again last week at ZRH. Counter rep told me my SPG number wasn't in my rental profile and had to manually enter it. I told her this happens to me with every rental and she said that it should be fixed now.

Also, find it curious that the Sixt Forum reps have only been participating sporadically lately.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Just want to let everyone know that Gary helped to get this situation resolved. A big thank you to him.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I've got similar problems with getting Sixt rentals to post to SPG (two rentals in July on non-corporate rates).

Is there an official retro-registration link or email ?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
No experience of SPG points but I post my points to Virgin Flying Club and it always works fine.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raunow
I've got similar problems with getting Sixt rentals to post to SPG (two rentals in July on non-corporate rates).

Is there an official retro-registration link or email ?
I'm still waiting for my SPG points for a rental that concluded on July 15. I've been informed by the Sixt reps here that I have to give it 8 weeks for them to post. That means we both have to wait until September to see if they post. After that, if they haven't posted, I'll contact Gary.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

I rented from Sixt Miami two weeks ago and they just posted to SPG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.