Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Eaunoire
Whats the typical LFAR, X3 ? They well spec'd ?
They buy the base models. You can find the car specs on the manufacturer website for a better idea, but based on my experience, they are pretty bare bones...not even a backup camera.

Cadillac has more standard features now.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: MILES&MORE
Which category for RoadTrip with Upgrade

Hey community,

I'm looking for the best car category for a road trip of 23 days from LAX to LAX in mid-may, I'm Platinium and I checked for a Convertible (STAR), what can I expect for an upgrade?
But if I want an XFAR with an UPGRADE, which category do I have to take.
And finally, do you have some tips for LAX to be sure to have my upgrade, apparently it depends of the person who will present.

Thanks for all
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:11 pm

I'm curious to GEKO's question(above) as well, anyone know?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GEKO
Hey community,

I'm looking for the best car category for a road trip of 23 days from LAX to LAX in mid-may, I'm Platinium and I checked for a Convertible (STAR), what can I expect for an upgrade?
And finally, do you have some tips for LAX to be sure to have my upgrade, apparently it depends of the person who will present.

Thanks for all
Even as a Sixt Plat, upgrade is subject to availability.

I have seen the Camero RS in the fleet. I'm not sure if they will bump you up to the E350 cabriolet or the 6-series convertible.

XFAR is the top as far as I know. You might be able to change class, but it's probably a downgrade.

Best way to get an upgrade is pay cash
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by kxc262
Even as a Sixt Plat, upgrade is subject to availability.

I have seen the Camero RS in the fleet. I'm not sure if they will bump you up to the E350 cabriolet or the 6-series convertible.

XFAR is the top as far as I know. You might be able to change class, but it's probably a downgrade.

Best way to get an upgrade is pay cash
Also depends on the day.

Was there yesterday. No Corvettes, no Es, no 6s, just a 428i for me.

[edit] I was browsing around for an upgrade today, and although everything is out, here's what they seem to have as far as "fun" cars:

- C7 Corvette convertible / hardtop
- 228i, 428i, 640i convertible
- A3 vert, A5 coupe/vert, A6
- ML/GL
- SLK250 / SL400
- S-Class

... and ... ready for this? I missed it by an hour..........

--- the S Coupe. (!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Nov 23, 2015 at 12:07 am
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Also depends on the day.

Was there yesterday. No Corvettes, no Es, no 6s, just a 428i for me.

[edit] I was browsing around for an upgrade today, and although everything is out, here's what they seem to have as far as "fun" cars:

- C7 Corvette convertible / hardtop
- 228i, 428i, 640i convertible
- A3 vert, A5 coupe/vert, A6
- ML/GL
- SLK250 / SL400
- S-Class

... and ... ready for this? I missed it by an hour..........

--- the S Coupe. (!!!!!!!!!!)
That is a good "fun" selection! Up here in SJC, we only got new Sequoias
I did see a new Genesis the other day too. No A8 or S-class up here though.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by kxc262
That is a good "fun" selection! Up here in SJC, we only got new Sequoias
I did see a new Genesis the other day too. No A8 or S-class up here though.
Yup quite depends on location.

When I rented from SEA literally on the day it opened (met the manager when she brought me the car to the hotel ... really, really amazing lady and amazing service), all they had were GLKs and three E-classes, of which one was overdue for an oil change, so I couldn't get it.

But they've beefed up a bit since then I understand.

Going to switch to the S-Class today I think. The 640i that was supposed to return today never came back, and I've lost hope on the S coupes... next time, I hope, though.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:19 pm

Does any loyalty tier let you bypass the lobby-level counter and proceed up the elevator?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by VibeGuy
Does any loyalty tier let you bypass the lobby-level counter and proceed up the elevator?
Diamond definitely does. Not sure about Platinum. Definitely worth a shot. It's usually such a circus no one will notice!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I had an LTAR reserved the pick-up was scheduled at 4PM. I got out of the garage at 6:10PM. Several other people waited even longer than I did. The staff gave us the Salami tactic car will be here in 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.There were other cars available, but the staff wasn't allowed by their manager according to them to give them to waiting customers. Never experienced anything like that with Sixt or any other company.Until they get their act together no more Sixt at LAX for me. In the end the car I ended up with was a BMW 428i convertible.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by GEKO
Hey community,

Thanks for all
Careful, Sixt LAX have bizarre geographic restrictions which may affect you depending on your travel plans. I wanted to use them for a 21 day rental from California to Colorado and return but couldn't as Sixt bans cars from California from going to Colorado, even though it allows cars from Arizona to go to both Colorado and California. Very strange, never experienced anything like this with a rental firm before.

Obviously if your plans don't take you far afield this may not be an issue for you.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
I had an LTAR reserved the pick-up was scheduled at 4PM. I got out of the garage at 6:10PM. Several other people waited even longer than I did. The staff gave us the Salami tactic car will be here in 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.There were other cars available, but the staff wasn't allowed by their manager according to them to give them to waiting customers. Never experienced anything like that with Sixt or any other company.Until they get their act together no more Sixt at LAX for me. In the end the car I ended up with was a BMW 428i convertible.
A similar experience happened to me. It took me probably at least 15 minutes to get thr 428i from the FCAR that I reserved, but it was because they had to bring it from another lot - they had nothing physically there that I was willing to take. So I was completely fine with it, but a number of other people were waiting, and I guess it can get a bit frustrating. It's a fairly busy location, I suppose...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Just had a same day rental here. Booked an LCAR (Benz C class or similar). Flew in 9AM, out 11PM. Had put in a request for a nice upgrade, XDAR (Benz S class) ideally. Upon arrival, no line so agent pulled up my reservation instantly and saw my pre-submited request. She called up her manager to check and the manager flatly denied it, well, said that 'dream cars' are excluded from upgrades which was new to me. The manager then offered it to me for $80, then $70. I denied and they offered me a Audi A6, which is also an LCAR according to my paperwork?

So no upgrade, they tried to squeeze me for more money. and then offered me the class I booked and claimed it was an upgrade?

I've yet to have a 'good' experience with LAX
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Just had a same day rental here. Booked an LCAR (Benz C class or similar). . . they offered me a Audi A6, which is also an LCAR according to my paperwork?

So no upgrade, they tried to squeeze me for more money. and then offered me the class I booked and claimed it was an upgrade?
An A6 is an XCAR - E Class, 5-series, A6 or Cadillac XTS at LAX. Looks like a single class u/g to me.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Just had a same day rental here. Booked an LCAR (Benz C class or similar). Flew in 9AM, out 11PM. Had put in a request for a nice upgrade, XDAR (Benz S class) ideally. Upon arrival, no line so agent pulled up my reservation instantly and saw my pre-submited request. She called up her manager to check and the manager flatly denied it, well, said that 'dream cars' are excluded from upgrades which was new to me. The manager then offered it to me for $80, then $70. I denied and they offered me a Audi A6, which is also an LCAR according to my paperwork?

I've yet to have a 'good' experience with LAX
Do you have any status with Sixt?

Also - the S Class is a paid upgrade even for Diamonds. "Large sedans" are. Corvettes aren't. Odd. I wanted to argue, but it was +$17/day so I gave up. heh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.