Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - One way fee

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Question SIXT - One way fee

Hi,

I'm preparing for my first trip to Europe this summer, so I'm trying to figure out how things works...

I renting a car from Belgium and dropping it in Zurich

I don't quite get the reasoning behind "One way fee"
I understand the fee for dropping at a different location but not how
the amount is calculated....

If I rent the car for 7 days I get a daily charge of 97$
If I only change the number of rent days to 4, I get a daily charge of 170$

Why would this charge even change if the drop location does not change???
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:48 pm

This is quite a usual thing you see with rentals in Europe - book including a weekend and you get a good rate, leave out the weekend and suddenly you pay double.

The $170 are most probably not a difference in the one way charge but in the base rental rate.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Originally Posted by fassy
The $170 are most probably not a difference in the one way charge but in the base rental rate.
This.

Most rentals in my experience are built around a weekend price, or a 7 day rate.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

ok, I figured it out....

the "one way fee" is a fix amount and it will be divided by the
number of rental days. That's why when I bring the number of day down the "one way fee" goes up and if I bring the number of days up, the price comes down. Wow, why not just put the total instead of per day.

Another thing I found, if I return the car in the same country, let's say France, the price for "one way fee" comes WAY down.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:07 pm

SIXT - One way fee

Sure, it is easier for the company to rent out the car again.

If you return in another country they need to find another customer which will return the car to its original station (which is unlikely) or drive it back on their own (which is costly).
Old May 19, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Is the one-way fee included in the price or will it be an unpleasant surprise at the counter?

I will rent a car from Madrid downtown office and return it to Airport Bajaras and there doesn't seem to be a one way fee, I'm I right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.