Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Full Size SUV Deposit question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Sixt Full Size SUV Deposit question

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has rented a full size suv from Sixt? I want to know how much the deposit would be for a car of that class. Supposedly it's a Chevy Suburban with seats for 7. The rental price is good but i can't pay the 2k for a deposit because my credit card does not have a limit that high.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up

last rental in MIA I got upgraded to full size SUV suburban and they told me they blocked a 1500 $ deposit on my cc for the duration of the rental.
I knew about this blocking of deposit beforehand as some other rental firms in Hawaii sometimes did the same to me without any warning and so I had already requested a higher cc limit before leaving for my vacation .
I read on a few other FT-posts that sometimes the deposit can be lowered by the local sixt staff -with approval of the stationmanager- and this could also be depending on sixt status ...
Maybe it is best to get your question forwarded to the Sixt team following all posts here on FT ( Gary and other UK based sixt colleagues ) as they sometimes can get you specifics depending on where you plan to rent or even get things worked out before you arrive at your destination !
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:56 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi legendbliss,

Please could you send me a private message with the details of the dates and times your would be looking to rent, and the branch you would like the vehicle from?

I will then be able to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:35 pm

Hi when i rented i Orlando a Ford Explorer it was 200 dollar deposit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.