Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt TPA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat
Sixt TPA

So, definitely not to happy with SIXT at TPA. My folks reserved an LCAR for the week, get to the facility (which apparently was quite ramshackle) and found out that they don't actually have any LCAR stocked at this location, sans ONE BMW 328i that was already rented out. They were downgraded to PCAR (Volvo S60). What ever happened to the German-guaranteed or its free? Also, I thought you arent supposed to be downgraded if the car you rented isnt available? What say you, Sixt? Not very happy with this.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 5:25 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

hi jaxdtw2196,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the vehicle received for your recent rental in Tampa Airport. When a vehicle is not available, we would always try our best to upgrade you into the next vehicle category at no extra cost. However, on rare occasions this may not be possible due to lack of availability of vehicles in the higher classes.

Please could you send me a private message with your reservation number and I will look into this for you as a matter of priority?

Many thanks,

Gary Caudwell.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA
That story is ultra disappointing. Anyone have any other experiences with Sixt in Tampa? What kind of vehicles/selection do they have? There are some amazing Chicago-Tampa fares for $100 in January, so I bought one now and want to rent.

Does this location adhere to platinum and diamond double-upgrade requests?

If I get some dumb blah car here after reserving LCAR, do you think I can exchange it at Orlando or Miami?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sixt TPA

Was there back in February. Manager tells me that 3 series and x3 is the most premium cars they have in inventory. Don't know if that is still true or not.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:09 pm

Question TPA

I just completed a rental at Sixt TPA today: a Dodge Caravan with >50k miles on it and four bald Yokohama tires. Thank God that the roads in TPA were dry this weekend, because if it had rained, it would've been like driving a dragster with slicks on the quarter mile track. Incidentally, the under-inflated tire light kept coming on and off all weekend, making me stop to refill the tires with air multiple times at gas stations. My guess is that it's time for Sixt to either replace the tires, or sell the van at wholesale.

It was "only" $50/day, but still, I'm left thinking that I should've paid a little extra for Hertz or Avis, so that the van would've only had 35k miles on it - and that much more tread……

FWIW, I took photos of all four tires with a penny in the tread, but I'm wondering if it's worth sending a note to Sixt HQ. The guys at the local TPA agency just passed the buck and told me that there's nothing that they can do.

What do you think? Any advice?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
They didn't have anything else? That is horrible.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
They didn't have anything else?.
Not at the same price, no. They offered me an Armada, and told me how great and awesome and new the Armada was, but then said it would more than double the daily rate........

Maybe the moral of the story is "bait and switch"? Lure you off airport to their private lot with a teaser rate on an old jalopy, and then give you the hard up sell to a nice new car. If you don't agree to the switch, the stick you in the oldest junker on the lot?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:09 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you and help where possible or point you in the best direction to get the information you require.

Can you please direct message me with the reservation or contract number and any other details you may have and I will investigate this as a priority.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks,
Ruth

Originally Posted by IAATM
I just completed a rental at Sixt TPA today: a Dodge Caravan with >50k miles on it and four bald Yokohama tires. Thank God that the roads in TPA were dry this weekend, because if it had rained, it would've been like driving a dragster with slicks on the quarter mile track. Incidentally, the under-inflated tire light kept coming on and off all weekend, making me stop to refill the tires with air multiple times at gas stations. My guess is that it's time for Sixt to either replace the tires, or sell the van at wholesale.

It was "only" $50/day, but still, I'm left thinking that I should've paid a little extra for Hertz or Avis, so that the van would've only had 35k miles on it - and that much more tread……

FWIW, I took photos of all four tires with a penny in the tread, but I'm wondering if it's worth sending a note to Sixt HQ. The guys at the local TPA agency just passed the buck and told me that there's nothing that they can do.

What do you think? Any advice?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:19 am

Sixt in Tampa is a corporate store. Unlike the franchises that were converted from local Rent a Wreck type outfits, there's no excuse for them turning into another Hertz. Sixt in the US is supposed to have a unique value proposition: American vans, SUVs, and sports cars for Europeans, and European sports and luxury cars for Americans.

Incidentally, it would also be interesting if Sixt could offer European-style vans in the US. Ex, Sprinter, Transit and Transit Connect. But those are less widely available and more expensive than the generic base model Caravans and Econolines that most rental companies are using.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi,

I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you and help where possible or point you in the best direction to get the information you require.

Can you please direct message me with the reservation or contract number and any other details you may have and I will investigate this as a priority.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks,
Ruth
You have a PM.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:22 pm

Any other or more recent experiences with Sixt in Tampa? Especially interested in cars available after seeing the post above where the gentleman was told the 3 series and X3 are the nicest vehicles available.

Really not a fan of them being off-airport either, but used to needing to jump on a shuttle bus for rental car facilities so that's not as big a concern as crap selection of car availability combined with them being off-airport.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:56 pm

Not sure if they changed management or corporate got on them, but I have nothing but great things to say about Sixt Tampa. I waited less than 10 minutes for a shuttle and it was a super short trip to Sixt from the airport - well worth the savings. Plenty enough staff to get the fully loaded shuttle processed and into cars very quickly.

I booked LFAR (X3/SRX class of SUV) and the Sixt app showed that I was upgraded and assigned an X5 with less than 10k miles on it about 3 hours before my scheduled pickup. When I got there I asked about changing to a car and was offered an Audi A6, which I took. That car was a total POS with 30,000 miles and felt incredibly beat up. I took it back after maybe 10 minutes and changed back to the low mileage X5 without any issue or attitude from the employees.

The X5 I got had the 3.5 engine, about 9200 miles, nav, bluetooth, heated seats (but not cooled), start button ignition but no key proximity door locks - all around a very nice ride.

Selection of cars is pretty solid; between pick up and drop off I saw Corvettes (though the price for the Vette was about $100/day more than National or Avis), convertible V8 Camaros, good number of X3 and X5 SUVs, quite a few Caddillac ATS and SRX, multiple Audis including a few A6s and a lone A8 when I dropped off. On drop off I think they had 1 or 2 Mercedes SUVs but I don't recall seeing a single MB sedan.

http://i.imgur.com/pTTz5DK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aOhxQos.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/29Te1hD.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.